Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone listened to his album before?

A young Canadian vocalist, who, unlike many of his age, counts his musical influences as Ella Fitzgerald, Elvis Presley, Bobby Darin, amongst others. Very unusual for a 25 year old. At first I thought it was some kind of gimmick, professing to like jazz and older music and all that stuff, but after watching a feature on him on Dateline Sunday it changed my opinion somewhat. He comes across as someone with a genuine passion for his music. I listened to some sample tracks on some websites and they are pretty good. Am gonna give his album a try, hope I won't be disappointed. :)

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
A&K - bob disagreement week hereby ends. :tongue: I don't have his album but I've heard the tracks Moondance, Kissing a Fool, and Fever. Other than having a generically modified pop name, being canadian, and being stylised and packaged for commercial purposes, I Buble's voice is quite impressive. I'll porbably buy the album as a gift rather than for myself though.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He looks kinda pop-py, but I have no complaints as long as he makes good music. I like his look though - I like men who are chubby, or geeky, but not both. :cool:

His voice didn't quite make an impression when I watched him on Dateline, it was more the infectious enthusiasm he exuded that convinced me to look up some of his sample songs on the net. I always give an artist the benefit of the doubt if he appears to be someone with a true passion for his work. Of course it is possible and all too common to fake it, but I believe true passion shines through. So I tried some of the samples, and I think Kissing A Fool is beautiful (the Live at the Hollywood Roosevelt version). :)

What's up with his name? I thought it's the real thing? Tom Brokaw on NBC Dateline calls him the singer with the funny name. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts