Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to revist this one.

Looking for some general stats and accomplishments.

I was certain Marta was better, but after watching quite a bit of Mia's youtubes, Im not so certain. Mia could hit the ball like no one in today's game.

·
CULT OF PERSONALITY
21,014 Posts
Marta is a prodigy challenging the legends she can nutmeg some man defenders but her shooting is not to the level of Mia. I would go with Marta because she is still 25 and has the ability to overhaul Mia.

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Both are great players, obviously. Both are legend for their respective national teams and clubs, scoring plenty of goals. If I had to choose the better one, I'd ask for a coin and flip it because there'd be no way for me to decide.

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Mia Hamm stats: USA NT(158 GOALS/275 APPS) from 1987-2004, North Carolina Tar Heels (103 GOALS/ 100 APPS) 1989-1993, AMD Washington Freedom (25 GOALS/ 49 APPS)

Mia Hamm accompl.: (I'll name most important ones as there are to many to name all)FIFA World Cup Title(x2), FIFA World Cup 3rd place, Olympic Gold(x2), Olympic Silver, NCAA title(x4), ACC Female Athelete of the Year(x2)

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Marta stats: Brazil NT(76 GOALS/69 APPS), Club(her best club stats on one team)(Umea IK)(103 GOALS/100 APPS)]

Marta accompl.:(I'll name her most important ones as there are to many to name) FIFA World Cup 2nd, FIFA World Player of Year(x5),FIFA World Player of Year runner-up,FIFA Women's World Cup Golden Ball, FIFA Women's World Cup Golden Shoe, Damallsvensken(x4), U20 World Cup Golden Ball, etc, etc...

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for sharing!!
seems like ones got the personals, the other team accomplishment

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Yeah, but like I said, to many to name all(especially Marta).Mia did mostly receive team honors and Marta got presonal ones. Marta still has time to gain more accomplishments, by the way. :smileani:

·
*the drum drum*
42,862 Posts
Mia is for me a clearly more complete footballer than Marta, but the level of technical ability that Marta has shown in women's football is simply on a whole other level to anyone before her.

Seeing the both of them together, with no absolutely disrespect to Cristiane who herself is a great footballer, would be the sort of thing dreams are made of.

·
Administrator
30,576 Posts
If the Brazilian team was half-organized, not doing the very mistakes in every final or meeting with Germany and USA, Marta would have all those days. Individually wise she is a monster, she delivers, but every team know they must tripple mark her that the brazilian team will start to try to kick from far away every ball, long distance balls, etc and destroy the game.

·
Registered
66,421 Posts
I saw Mia play when she was a bit past her prime and she honestly didn't look anything special. I don't know that's just me.

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Marta is obviously very skilled on the ball with her party tricks and nice passes that setup other people's good chances. Now for Mia, I didn't watch a lot of her, but from the videos I've seen, Mia is pretty good in most categories.

·
Registered
13,888 Posts
Is this thread some kind of Pele vs Maradona for women?Because I think Birgit Prinz,Sun Wen and Michelle Akers would fit in here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts