Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
about 40 mio Eur

If the stadium were built by government I guess somewhere between 300 to 700 mio Eur.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
maybe never :D
Nah, I will get there. 2011 we visit Hungary for a few weeks, but we may be able to sneak into Slovakia for a short time. Regardless, 2012 is back to Bavaria and Czech Republic for some of that amazing Bohemian Pilsner and then Slovakia.

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Good for you :)

I don´t expect the stadium to be done anytime soon. We talk about national stadium in Bratislava like last 3-4 years and still nothing happened.

·
皇帝
933 Posts
I´m sorry to disappoint you guys but this won´t happen any time soon. Just look at the new national football stadium in Bratislava.

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
well, when Slavia Praha´s management announced their plans for construction of new stadium in 1997, everyone knew this shall be lenghty process.

In December 2003 Slavia´s managing director Vladimír Leška announced the inauguration of new stadium on 19. October 2005 at 18:30. He also told: the only thing that could change, shall be kick-off time.

When came the inauguration day, every czech newspapers were mocking Slavia and their director Leška, who was innovatively nicknamed Ležka (Lež = lie). Slavia became laughing stock of czech football.

New stadium construction started a year later and stadium was finished in 2008, 11 years later :D

·
皇帝
933 Posts
Košice announced that they´re going to build new stadium during the Rezeš sometime around the 2002, when they moved out from Všešportový areál. Just give them a few years and they´re gonna break the Slavia record ;)

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
I never understood why they abandoned Všešportový areál, it was basically one of the newest stadiums in Slovakia, inaugurated in game vs USSR in 1975.

Been once on this stadium, in 1995, on a game of Pelé´s Brazil Masters and Slovakia old boys.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts