Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slovan shall win it again :D
And any competition will come from which 2 or 3 clubs? My hopes of Kosice making a run are low - that should surprise you given my optimistic nature.

It would be good to see Slovan make some noise in CL play.

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
I was confused by your avatar. No worries if you don´t want to be Kosice fan, we can keep this thread open and when someone fall in love with them can bump it.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, of course I want to support the club of my family's birth city!

I just wish they were better in terms of quality. :D

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
they were really good in mid 90s while being sponsored by steel mill VSZ Kosice. When US Steel took over VSZ in 2000 they needded to consolidate heavily indebted company first, and abandoned sponsoring football club. Since then MFK struggles for survival.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kosice certainly seemed to start off well this year. Sadly, their form has quickly deteriorated.

Still, I would love to find a MFK Kosice soccer shirt sometime soon.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like it, but I think I like the training shirt on the site better... I am not a fan of collared soccer shirts... Silly, I know.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Another Kosice fan checking in. :) Just found this forum yesterday -- a Slovak forum in English?! Wow.

Looks like another long season but last week's road draw against Spartak was a nice start. It's been a long time since the last league win now, 5 draws in a row? Not many changes in the offseason other than bringing back Jan Kozak and Peter Basista and getting Juraj Chupac on loan. The only real loss was Djokovic, I believe, otherwise 10 of the 11 starters at the end of last season are returning. But where are the goals going to come from?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thanks for the welcome, and I don't mean to come here just to gloat, but that was a remarkable win today. Kosice really needed that. Decent attendance, though I suspect it was lots of Slovan fans. It sounds like it was a really good performance from the reports. The winning goal was a great play by Gal-Andrezly to get past the defense and send a nice cross to find Stutka.

Looks like Jan Novak is returning on a 6 month loan from Zilina and may be ready for next week's match against Senica. That should help the attack. Good to see him back.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome, stedanko. Good to see another drop in here.

I am encouraged, every year, that Kosice will make more progress in the league, but money is an issue. My cousin actually drove me to the MfK Kosice stadium while I was there in March. Nice to see.

I should have bought a jersey while I was there.

1 - 20 of 209 Posts