Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, any takers for guessing the scoreline for this match?
I am going with Argentina 2-1.

Also, does anyone know the possible Argentine players for this game?Thanks in advance.

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
I can't recall the last time Mexico did anything worth mentioning when playing against Argentina in their 'other' home. One thing's for sure -- I already have my ticket.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
It seems that Pekerman will use alot of the U-20 NT players like Ustari, Zabaleta Diaz and Garay. He might also call Ledesema and Lisandro Lopez, also Mascherano and Lucho will be back, Farias and Cardozo might be called up too.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,483 Posts
Pekerman has announced the squad .. unfortunately the list is loooong and I could c&p it into here !!! :(

·
94,483 Posts
EL PLANTEL COMPLETO:
Arqueros: Germán Lux (River) y Oscar Ustari (Independiente).

Defensores: Eduardo Tuzzio (River), Daniel Díaz (Colón de Santa Fe), Fabricio Fuentes (Vélez Sarsfield), Diego Crosa (Racing), Cristian Grabinski (Racing) y Mauricio Romero (Lanús).

Mediocampistas: Luis González (River), Javier Mascherano (River), Víctor Zapata (River), Martín Romagnoli (Colón de Santa Fe), Lucas Castromán (Vélez Sarsfield), Maximiliano Velázquez (Lanús), Federico Insúa (Independiente), Fernando Belluschi (Newell's Old Boys) y José Sosa (Estudiantes).

Delanteros: Rodrigo Palacio (Boca), Rolando Zárate (Vélez Sarsfield) y Lisandro López (Racing).

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
It was obvious that Peckerman would add to his first list. Great chance for Lux to show his skill and continue his good (scoreless) streak with the national team.

Lucho and Mascherano are obvious choices. Both of them could very well start on the 'A' if they're given the chance.

·
94,483 Posts
Mexico squad for Argentina friendly

MEXICO CITY, March 3 (Reuters) - Mexico have named the following 18-man squad for their friendly international against Argentina in Los Angeles on March 9:
Goalkeepers: Oscar Perez (Cruz Azul), Moises Munoz (Morelia)

Defenders: Hector Altamirano (Santos Laguna), Omar Briseno, Hugo Sanchez Guerrero (both UANL Tigres), Carlos Salcido, Francisco Rodriguez (both Guadalajara), Ricardo Osorio, Salvador Carmona (both Cruz Azul)

Midfielders: Ramon Morales (Guadalajara), Pavel Pardo (America), Antonio Naelson, Israel Lopez (both Toluca), Rafael Garcia (Cruz Azul)

Forwards: Omar Bravo (Guadalajara), Cuauhtemoc Blanco (America), Francisco Borgetti (Pachuca), Francisco Fonseca (Cruz Azul.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
probable line up:

-------------LUX
----------Diaz--XXX
--romero-------------zapata
------------masche
--lucho---------------belluschi
-------------Insua
----Roly Zarate-----Palacio

Not a bad team at all, even though i dont like the defense and Insua as the playmaker.

I heard that Pekerman's idea is to play the next match of the qualy in La Paz (Bolivia) with a team of players based in Argentina, only.
For the following match in Bs As against Colombia (if my memory serves me well) he will use the foreign legion.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
I will like to see Sosa as playmaker, and better can be a Lisandro, Palacio fowards duo, is not orthodox two support strikers, but thei are really young and promising to see if they can have a real chance.
I hope no: Castroman, Zapata, runners without brain, and no useless Crosa, Tuzzio, not for their quality, because of their age, and lack of caps, this match should nbe a TOTAL test for younger players...
I heard Lucho is not going to be allowed...

1 - 20 of 63 Posts