Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The USA will play mexico in an international friendly tomorrow in Dalas. The Match will be shown Live on FSW at 7:30 pm. Arena has gone with an all MLS team as most of the European based players are playing in tough Relegation or Europeean spots in their respective leagues.
Here is the squad:

ARENA CHOOSES 18 TO FACE MEXICO WENDESDAY IN DALLAS, TEXAS: All of the U.S. Men's National Team squad selected by manager Bruce Arena has arrived in Dallas for training in advance of Wednesday's friendly against Mexico at the Cotton Bowl (7:30 p.m. CT, Telemundo, FoxSports World, HDNet, MatchTracker, presented by Philips Electronics). Five players - Taylor Twellman, Pat Noonan, Jonny Walker and Eddie Pope - arrived late Sunday after their MLS match, and Conor Casey arrived Monday after an overnight flight from Germany. Also, a pair of U.S. defenders suffered injuries in MLS play this weekend, forcing their replacement on the roster for Wednesday’s match. Dallas Burn defender Cory Gibbs was sidelined with a groin injury in the Burn's 1-0 victory against Kansas City at the Cotton Bowl in the 79th minute. Meanwhile, Los Angeles Galaxy defender Dan Califf suffered a sprained MCL in the Galaxy's 2-0 win against Columbus at The Home Depot Center. Colorado defenders Pablo Mastroeni and Rich Kotschau were called as reinforcements, both arriving in time for the team's first training session Sunday afternoon in Dallas. Advance tickets ranging in price levels from $28 to $60 are on sale now at all Ticketmaster ticket centers throughout Texas (including Fiesta and Foley's), by phone at 214-373-8000, and online at ussoccer.com. Groups of 20 or more can call 312-528-1290. The USA has dominated the series of late, winning five of the last seven meetings.
U.S. MNT Roster
GOALKEEPERS: (2): Kevin Hartman (Los Angeles Galaxy), Jonny Walker (MetroStars); DEFENDERS: (5): Chris Albright (Los Angeles Galaxy), Frankie Hejduk (Columbus Crew), Richie Kotschau (Colorado Rapids), Pablo Mastroeni (Colorado Rapids), Eddie Pope (MetroStars); MIDFIELDERS (6): Chris Armas (Chicago Fire), DaMarcus Beasley (Chicago Fire), Bobby Convey (D.C. United), Richard Mulrooney (San Jose Earthquakes), Pat Noonan (New England Revolution), Kerry Zavagnin (Kansas City Wizards); FORWARDS (5): Conor Casey (Karslruhe - Germany), Landon Donovan (San Jose Earthquakes), Jovan Kirovski (Los Angeles Galaxy), Taylor Twellman (New England Revolution), Josh Wolff (Kansas City Wizards).

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yah a draw 1-1, though who knows it will be an all MLS team so Our chances dont look too good .

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Hmmm...I am a bit dissapointed with Arena in this case. While I acknowledge our players in Europe are about to hit the crux of their season, USA vs Mexico is a huge game, vital for bragging rights. I don't know about the squad Mexico named, but the USA squad looks weak. I wish Arena had drawn some of the European based players not in relegation fights, as losing to Mexico is...especially after the bulls*** our players endured in the Azteca in the Olympic Qualifyers. A draw would be a good acheivment. I guess 1-1, 0-0 or 1-2 Mexico wins.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I figure the 1-0 victory was well deserved as we dominated the weeker Mexican side. I guess if we say our B team is much better than their B team. Mexico will have to find syrikers if they want to do well in the WC qualifiers, Then again so does the US we seemed to lack punching power up front.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
That game was a good game

Watched it i think the US should have put away a couple more chances

1 - 6 of 6 Posts