Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow... Mexicans really seem to think we are easy target...we shall see...

----
"Mexico are full of confidence going into their opening match of the World Cup against Croatia. "

""The weakest segment of the Croatian team is undoubtedly their defence," he said. "

""We are going to attack that defence, retain possession and keep the ball permanently in their half." "

Full Article:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport3/worldc...t/croatia_v_mexico/newsid_2021000/2021601.stm

very interesting...

·
©
7,230 Posts
hhmm...interesting. I still think it would be dangerous to let them come early and set the tempo. I fear this game more than the others because it is the first one and Mexico can be dangerous on their day. If we can get a win then we will be set for the next round and we will get better and better.

IDEMO HRVATSKA!!!!

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
man, this will make us angry. It's Mexico's tactics, they know we're phisically, mentally, technically and tactically better than them, so they make a gameplan. Try to outdo the Croatians in the press conferences, to put more pressure on us.

It won't work, they're gonna go down tommorow if Croatia plays half as good as against Belgium. :fero:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Mexico team to play Croatia

NIIGATA, Japan, June 2 (Reuters) - Mexico team for the World Cup group G match between Croatia and Mexico at the Niigata stadium on Monday, pre-announced by coach Javier Aguirre:

Team - (3-5-2) 1-Oscar Perez; 5-Manuel Vidrio, 4-Rafael Marquez, 16-Salvador Carmona; 7-Ramon Morales, 19-Gabriel Caballero, 6-Gerardo Torrado, 11-Braulio Luna, 13-Sigifredo Mercado; 10-Cuauhtemoc Blanco, 9-Jared Borgetti

Referee: Jun Lu (China)

Linesmen: Komaleeswaran Sankar (India)

Taoufik Adjengui (Tunisia)
06/02/02 08:59 ET

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Its funny...I bet now that when we defend our team you'll have posters, and they know who they are, saying that we are arrogant and can't accept anyone beating us..but I will say this, the Mexicans are the ones being the arrogant ones here not us. These guys say that "the weakest part of our game is our defence," are you kidding me?? Even without Tudor our defence is the strongest part of our game....I just enjoy that we get a lack of respect from everyone, it just makes it sweeter when we win.

As for Mexico, well they can be a dangerous team, just ask Belgium and Holland in the last World Cup....and we should never underestimate them...but they snuck into the WC this year, are not as strong as in years past....we shall see...

·
International
8,545 Posts
This is prolly not an accurate story, there's no way the Mexican coach is unaware that our defence is our strongest part, so I'm sure it's another BS story, even if it was on BBC.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: all-out attack

aca said:
They might as well do "all-Out suicide".
yeah, give our midfield easy stroll through their defence... we will see if they actually play this way, sounds like a lots of bull for me ;-)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
JureM said:
These guys say that "the weakest part of our game is our defence," are you kidding me?? Even without Tudor our defence is the strongest part of our game....I just enjoy that we get a lack of respect from everyone, it just makes it sweeter when we win.
Geez, you guys sure love the "us against the world" thingy eh? ;)

I dont think this is a lack of respect. More like the sign that the Mexicans have not done their homework. If the article is not bullsh*t like IVO said.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
AMOROSO! said:

I dont think this is a lack of respect. More like the sign that the Mexicans have not done their homework.
or more likely lack of respect since they didnt do their homework properly ;-).... article was on BBC... and Mex Coach keeps making these statements to everyone, so I am pretty sure it is what he said...

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Amo...

This has nothing to do with and "us against the world," but more to do with the lack of respect Croatia is getting. It's one thing to be confident but another thing to bad mouth your opponent. We gave up 2 goals in qualifying, which the Mexican coach should know and then to say we are weak on defence, well that is dumb. Had he said that Croatia is not as strong offensivly as they were in the past, I'd say fine...but, he has been going out of his way to bad mouth the Croatian team to the point that even the mild mannered Jozic had to respond to his statements...

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JureM, you take everything so personally... I think its wonderful if they think that all out attack is the best option

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
let them come.......

..........they shall be counterattacked by the likes of Jarni, Stanic, Boksic and Suker either in a pincer attack or a spearhead directly up the middle and with Prosinecki delivering the passes..........

......let them come...........

·
International
8,545 Posts
If the story is legit it's even better for us, like Amo says, dude didn't do his homework and is basically speaking out of his ass!

I'm more confident than ever now!

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
IVO said:
If the story is legit it's even better for us, like Amo says, dude didn't do his homework and is basically speaking out of his ass!

I'm more confident than ever now!
ehhe, there you go ;-)...alleeealleeee

·
International
8,545 Posts
The anticipation is killing me, I'm all on edge and feel like I'm gonna bounce off the walls:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts