Xtratime Community banner

41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Even though the Xolos are done, I'm happy with how the season went. First, of course, is that we didnt get relegated. Second, the team is really catching on this side of the border. Every game is a sellout and I'm hoping they hurry up and expand the stadium so more folks can go. This is just the beginning the way I see it. Xolos, to me, will be the first truly trans-national team in the FMF.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Chicharito ain't going to the olimpicos after United denied him. Also looks like Vela won't be going.
Poor guys, I was really hoping they would get a chance at the Gold, it would have been a nice addition to the trophy streak the FMF has been on lately

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
The Selection for the three friendlies against Wales, Bosnia, and Brasil along with the first two CONCACAF qualifiers against Guyana and El Salvador:

1 José de Jesús Corona Portero Cruz Azul
2 Guillermo Ochoa Portero AC Ajaccio
3 Alfredo Talavera Portero Toluca
4 Israel Jiménez Defensa Tigres
5 Severo Meza Defensa Monterrey
6 Rafael Márquez Defensa New York Red Bulls
7 Francisco Rodríguez Defensa Vfb Stuttgart
8 Héctor Moreno Defensa Espanyol
9 Hugo Ayala Defensa Tigres
10 Carlos Salcido Defensa Tigres
11 Jorge Torres Nilo Defensa Tigres
12 Jesús Zavala Volante Monterrey
13 Luis Ernesto Pérez Volante Monterrey
14 Jesús Molina Volante América
15 Gerardo Lugo Volante Monarcas
16 Andrés Guardado Volante Deportivo La Coruña
17 Pablo Barrera Volante Real Zaragoza
18 Ángel Reyna Volante Monterrey
19 Edgar Andrade Volante Jaguares
20 Giovani Dos Santos Delantero Tottenham
21 Javier Hernández Delantero Manchester United
22 Oribe Peralta Delantero Santos
23 Aldo de Nigris Delantero Monterrey

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Selection for the three friendlies against Wales, Bosnia, and Brasil along with the first two CONCACAF qualifiers against Guyana and El Salvador:

1 José de Jesús Corona Portero Cruz Azul
2 Guillermo Ochoa Portero AC Ajaccio
3 Alfredo Talavera Portero Toluca
4 Israel Jiménez Defensa Tigres
5 Severo Meza Defensa Monterrey
6 Rafael Márquez Defensa New York Red Bulls
7 Francisco Rodríguez Defensa Vfb Stuttgart
8 Héctor Moreno Defensa Espanyol
9 Hugo Ayala Defensa Tigres
10 Carlos Salcido Defensa Tigres
11 Jorge Torres Nilo Defensa Tigres
12 Jesús Zavala Volante Monterrey
13 Luis Ernesto Pérez Volante Monterrey
14 Jesús Molina Volante América
15 Gerardo Lugo Volante Monarcas
16 Andrés Guardado Volante Deportivo La Coruña
17 Pablo Barrera Volante Real Zaragoza
18 Ángel Reyna Volante Monterrey
19 Edgar Andrade Volante Jaguares
20 Giovani Dos Santos Delantero Tottenham
21 Javier Hernández Delantero Manchester United
22 Oribe Peralta Delantero Santos
23 Aldo de Nigris Delantero Monterrey
como la ves TTM?

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I was going to say "where is the youth?" but then I remembered the Olympics. Well, standard lineup I suppose. I suppose we wont start seeing new faces until after the Olympics. Peralta has been awesome in league so I see him making some noise and getting some quality PT. How about yourself?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was going to say "where is the youth?" but then I remembered the Olympics. Well, standard lineup I suppose. I suppose we wont start seeing new faces until after the Olympics. Peralta has been awesome in league so I see him making some noise and getting some quality PT. How about yourself?
Im just happy no Castro/Torrado in the mid

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Vela asked for a pass from all national commitments as he is trying to find a place not called Arsenal. Seems to me that he has a better shot showing his wares so something must be going on.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Gio transfer to Villarreal fell through since Villarreal got relegated. Hopefully he find a new club soon.

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
My takeaway from the Wales game. Gio is and has been the most important player on our team. Reyna did well when he came in but we really don't have a replacement for Gio. de Nigris is super-solid. I can live with a Chicharito/de Nigris/Peralta rotation through 2014. Perez....after his first few passes I was wondering, "man, this guy has no business putting on the shirt". He calmed down after a while but it seems to me we need a little higher level at that position.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My takeaway from the Wales game. Gio is and has been the most important player on our team. Reyna did well when he came in but we really don't have a replacement for Gio. de Nigris is super-solid. I can live with a Chicharito/de Nigris/Peralta rotation through 2014. Perez....after his first few passes I was wondering, "man, this guy has no business putting on the shirt". He calmed down after a while but it seems to me we need a little higher level at that position.
didnt see the game, but glad Gio did good.

when I saw Lucho on the roster I threw up in my mouth a little. the guy wasnt NT quality a few years back let alone now

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mexico U23 advances to the Toulon tournament final by beating Netherlands 4-2

Nice.

I watched a little of the Mex Fra game and hijole there is nobody in the stadium for the game

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Mexico U23 advances to the Toulon tournament final by beating Netherlands 4-2

Nice.

I watched a little of the Mex Fra game and hijole there is nobody in the stadium for the game
Nice. I should have recorded it but I didn't know it was today. Who scored? Fabian has been on a tear.....

The stadium looks like it is in the backyard for some apartment complex:howler:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice. I should have recorded it but I didn't know it was today. Who scored? Fabian has been on a tear.....

The stadium looks like it is in the backyard for some apartment complex:howler:
I think it was Fabian who scored, he has been on fire.

Looking forward to seeing him join the senior squad.

On a side note, you going to Dallas on Sunday TTM?

41 - 60 of 98 Posts