Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The agent of Roma star Philippe Mexes says that there is absolutely “zero chance” of his client going to Euro 2008 because the stopper does not get on with France national coach Raymond Domenech.

Domenech & Euro 2008

Mexes is widely regarded as one of the best centre backs in Serie A and Europe currently, however despite this he has only won a miserly eight caps for his country since debuting in 2002.

The reason for this is because the 25-year-old does not see eye-to-eye with France Coach Raymond Domenech.

Domenech has already angered Calcio fans by freezing out the peninsula’s top scorer David Trezeguet, and he is sure to have further fuelled accusations that he deliberately overlooks Italian-based players by this most recent snub to Mexes.

"The people in France love him [Mexes], but the footballing powers don’t,” said Mexes’ agent Olivier Jouanneaux.

”The chances [of him playing in the Euros] are zero - they do not exist.

“He has a bad relationship with Domenech. Technically there is no reason why he should not be called up.

“It is clear to everyone that the decision not to convene Philippe is not a decision based on sporting grounds.”

Real Madrid

Jouanneaux went on to reveal that Mexes turned down a move to Real Madrid last summer, in order to stay with his beloved Roma.

"If he had wanted to leave last year, he would have done what Chivu did first, and what Ferrari is doing now,” the agent explained.

“It is not a question of terms. When he decided to renew his contract it was because he feels good in Rome.

"When it became known that Chivu would not go to Real Madrid, and that Baldini and Capello had left Real Madrid, the executive of Madrid called me.

“Before they chose Pepe, Philippe reiterated once again his choice, Roma. It is true that elsewhere he could have earned even more. But he is so happy, money is not important to him.”

:yuck:

Domenech is a bitter fool.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I adore him for being a Romanista.

I hope Domenech fails miserably so Philou gets the chance he deserves to represent his homeland

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
No Mexes, no Frey and more importantly no Trezeguet. France will fail to qualify from the group.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
obviously he has the wrong starsign, is he a Leo?

Domenech refused to name his goalkeeper the day before the match as planned because he was getting bad signals from above.

"I consulted the stars; it was not the right day," he explained.

The manager finally plumped for Fabien Barthez ahead of Gregory Coupet and must have thought the heavens were playing tricks on him as Costa Rica went two up in Martinique.

Fortunately for him, Henry's cheeky back-heel sealed a late victory, after Nicolas Anelka and Djibril Cisse had got France back on level terms.

It is not the first time Domenech has used astrology to help pick his teams.

He has gone on record as saying he does not trust players born under the sign of Scorpio (bad luck Robert Pires) and tries to avoid picking defenders with a Leo background because they are likely to be "show offs".

·
Professional Pirate
7,108 Posts
French Cup: 2003 (AJ Auxerre)
Italian Cup: 2007 (AS Roma)
Italian Super Cup: 2007 (AS Roma)
now,he's one of the best players of AS ROMA team :X:X:X Ilove him :X:X:X
:howler::howler::howler:

really random.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Haha good stuff from Wiki there :pp

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
Domenech is an idiot.
But yeah i agree at least France is weaker.
Domenech is the biggest fool in the world tho and I feel sorry for Mexes as he can play for any country in the world, but cant because he has a moron as a coach.
If i was one of Mexes, Frey and Trezegeut tho i'd bash Domenech on a daily basis :ass:

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Some of these NT managers are complete douche bags with big ego's .

Mexes being left out of the France squad is almost as bad as Pekerman leaving Javier Zanetti out of the last World Cup.

Retarded.

·
Registered
311 Posts
i love the way mexes said that :howler:
he really seems to have become a romanista at heart, its really great to see that kind of emotion from player who's playing for "ur" team! :proud:

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
What a horrible horrible display from Mexes, an own goal and a PK!

He must be working undercover for the Italy :D

Seriously I am worried about his poor form of late.

·
Professional Pirate
7,108 Posts
Mexes always starts slow.Give him time.He did say he did absolutely nothing all summer long.....:doh:

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
Typical Domenech, called Mexes just when he had 2 poor games in a row at the start of the season, got what he deserved really.

There was no own goal by him last night, BTW, but he still sucked.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts