Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How good is he now days, I know he had that terrible injury that kept him out for ages, but as he come back any good? Is he likely to leave due to Dortmunds financial plight?

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bloody el days after I posted this he gets linked with, Liverpool this makes me even more interested in how he's doing...

InPrint
Liverpool are eyeing up a 3 million move for German defender Christoph Metzelder.

The international centre half has been plagued by injuries for the last 18 months but has recently made a comeback to the Borussia Dortmund side.

The Bundesliga club are in massive debt and will have to unload at least half a dozen frontline players this summer to try and survive.

Kop boss Rafael Benitez is desperately short of top quality defenders and heads the queue for Metzelder.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Okay, cool.. But i have more intention in Rosicky joining Juve or something like that =) although Metzelder has some months to get to the top he will be one of the best defenders im pretty sure about that..

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
His form is rising, but we will have to wait and see if Metzelder can ever come back to the level he had at the World Cup 02 and before his injury.

·
Premier Player
2,669 Posts
I really hope he makes it to the WC squad since I think he'd be a very important player for us.

Imagine we had Hinkel, Metzelder, Friedrich and Lahm as a defensive line (with players like Volz, Huth and Mertesacker backing up). Very young and could be a dominating force for years to come.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts