Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been reported that the New plans for the MetroStars to build their stadium in Harrison have been put on hold as they have lost their bond. Now I have never been a strong supporter to the Harrison move as the area isnt fan freindly, yet the importance of getting a soccer stadium for the Metros is Vital for its success in our area out weighed my reservations. Yet this New Governor has made it plain that he wants to Keep those plans alive as well as Keeping the Giants in New Jersey. ( I could care less what happens to the Giants.) Yet if it means getting a Soccer stadium built, Come on Giants! His new Idea is to rebuild Giants stadium so they can get what they need and also build on the same site a Soccer stadium for the Metros. I love this guy already, even if he is a democrat. :smileani:

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Dissapointing for both MLS and the Metrostars.

At least we have Dallas to fall back on. Has anyone heard about Chicago of late? They unveiled these elaborate plans, and I have yet to hear of them since.

·
Registered
447 Posts
lol Giants stadium will never be moved atleast not anytime soon the only team thats leaving the medowlands is the jets. The metros and giants will stay.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mufyn said:
lol Giants stadium will never be moved atleast not anytime soon the only team thats leaving the medowlands is the jets. The metros and giants will stay.
Sorry to break this to you Mufyn but the Giants lease runs out in 2008, and if they don't get their new stadium they are gone. The Meadowlands sports Authority have plans to build a convention center in its place.
First thoughts were to rebuild Giants stadium, with all their needs as well as a retractable roof, but this would cause a total redisign and end up costing as much as a new stadium. Then you would run into the problem of where to play games while construcrion is going on. The Giants have come up with half the funding needed for the stadium the rest would be fronted by the tax payers. Our Ex Governor didnt want to fund this, so the Giants were looking at Brooklyn and the upper west side in New York along with Newark.

Yes the Jets are gone but so are the Devils and the Nets. All these teams cant make money in the arenas and stadium they are in now at the Meadowlands. Mcgreavy wasnt sports friendly and I hope this new guy is true to his word.

·
Registered
447 Posts
when u say convention cent u are talkin about Xanado right? although i personally dont think the giants should move and idk if the will but they needa get rid of the basketball arena its a waste nets tickets are freebees again.

How do you think before the Metros get a new stadium?

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Looks like the Fire have solid plans for a new stadium. I'll post the plans for it a little later...

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mufyn said:
when u say convention cent u are talkin about Xanado right? although i personally dont think the giants should move and idk if the will but they needa get rid of the basketball arena its a waste nets tickets are freebees again.

How do you think before the Metros get a new stadium?
The Giants have to do something they arent making enough money there. Especially if they want to compete with Philly. Your right about the Arenas. Niether the Devils or nets sell out there matches.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
They r in the biggest media market in the states and they dont have stadium yet! :eekani:

·
Registered
447 Posts
PAULMAY said:
The Giants have to do something they arent making enough money there. Especially if they want to compete with Philly. Your right about the Arenas. Niether the Devils or nets sell out there matches.
Metros should just take over giants stadium cuz its obvious the Giants arent making the biggest profit possible because everyone of the 86,000 or we seats in there are season tickets and there is still a 25 year waiting list to get season tickets the giants need a bigger stadium.

And than the metros should just take over Giants stadium :D

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
When I moved to the area I decided to get season tickets to the Metros but I hated that stadium so much that I just couldn't renew them. One thing was the football level, I can deal with that, but the stadium is such crap that it was impossible to go an cheer. This is a very disppointing move. I won't come back until they get a decent place to play.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
I cant stand the football lines and the endzones! They need more new stadiums now! :thmbdown:

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jonny Knoxville said:
I cant stand the football lines and the endzones! They need more new stadiums now! :thmbdown:
John Guppy told me that he can't bear to watch a game when the Am Football season starts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts