Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Great! Djorkaeff was at one point my fav player in the world and despite what people may think that he's not able to do job at 37. It was just last year that he was playing at highest level with Bolton and showed what Bergkamp is still showing at Arsenal so i think he's more than capable of doing a job for Metrostars for at least a year.

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
:groan: I'm not happy about this. I don't care what that article says, I don't think Djorkaeff can cut it here. Basically, if an old, washed up player says they're interested in playing for an MLS side, we'll try to sign them. The same will happen with Andy Cole in a few years (or year) He's said several times that he wants to play in America before his career is done. Believe me, by the time he says he's ready to come to America, he'll be well past it. Which means it'd just be another old pro coming to MLS to collect a few more bucks before jetting back to Europe to retire. Which never ends up good for us, the fans.

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Isaac said:
:groan: I'm not happy about this. I don't care what that article says, I don't think Djorkaeff can cut it here. Basically, if an old, washed up player says they're interested in playing for an MLS side, we'll try to sign them. The same will happen with Andy Cole in a few years (or year) He's said several times that he wants to play in America before his career is done. Believe me, by the time he says he's ready to come to America, he'll be well past it. Which means it'd just be another old pro coming to MLS to collect a few more bucks before jetting back to Europe to retire. Which never ends up good for us, the fans.
I don't care Ike, I'd love to see Andy Cole in MLS, mainly cos he is my favorite footballer...

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,483 Posts
More signings !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Revs Sign Brazilian Cassio 18/02/05
The New England Revolution announced today that the team has acquired Brazilian midfielder Jose de Abreu Oliveira, known as "Cassio". The Rio de Janeiro-born, left-sided player arrives having played for major clubs including CR Flamengo (Brazil), SC Internacional (Brazil), CD Atlas Guadalajara (Mexico) and Olimpia Asuncion (Paraguay).
"Cassio is a player who immediately adds balance to our team," said Revolution head coach Steve Nicol. "He has a strong left foot, gets up and down the line, puts in a good cross and is well-suited for the MLS style of play."

A product of the youth system at famed CR Flamengo in Rio de Janeiro, Cassio played four seasons on that club's first team. While with Flamengo, Cassio won three Carioca (Rio) Championships (1999- 2001), a Copa dos Campeões and played in the 2001 Copa Mercosur final, which Flamengo lost on penalties to Argentine side San Lorenzo.

Cassio also played for SC Internacional in Porto Alegre, Brazil in 2002 - winning a Gaúcho Championship with the club that season - and for Atlas in Mexico's first division (2003) before moving home to Brazil to play for Marília Atlético Clube. In 2004-05, Cassio played for Olimpia Asuncion in Paraguay, that nation's most successful club.

"I'm very happy that I'm coming to New England," said Cassio. "I can't wait to be on the field, playing hard and showing what I can do. I know that there are a great many Brazilians and Brazilian soccer fans in New England which makes the transition to a new way of life that much easier."

Per team and league policy, terms of the player's contract with the Revolution are not disclosed.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Nice......

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Djorkaeff Heading To MLS

2/18/2005 2:25:00 PM

1998 World Cup winner Youri Djorkaeff is set to join Major League Soccer’s New York Metrostars, according to ‘l’Equipe’.
Djorkaeff is currently unemployed as he was released by Blackburn earlier this season.

The 36 year old midfielder, who spent the best years of his career at Internazionale and Kaiserslautern, is expected to sign a multi-year deal.
_______

He is a very talented player!!!

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
MagicalEd said:
He's already signed a deal...
Yah and I hear Columbus is going to announce a big signing in a couple of weeks..............Mickey Mouse! :eekani: :smileani:

I will get to see our new signing on Tuesday, My first question would be what would make him come to the US.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
How do u suppose to play Frenchy , Gaven , Amado , lisi at midfield at da same time. No wingers! team will still struggle! :nono:

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
PAULMAY said:
Yah and I hear Columbus is going to announce a big signing in a couple of weeks..............Mickey Mouse! :eekani: :smileani:

I will get to see our new signing on Tuesday, My first question would be what would make him come to the US.
I hear that Mickey is quite talented at all positions, with him, the Crew will be unstoppable :flirt:

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Jonny Knoxville said:
How do u suppose to play Frenchy , Gaven , Amado , lisi at midfield at da same time. No wingers! team will still struggle! :nono:
Well most of our problems arose in defence. When Bonseu went down we had to switch things around putting Reagen in who is terrible.

Something like this I guess.

Walker

Bonseu Agoos Parke Leitch

Gilberto Youri Guevara Gaven

Taylor Galven Rey

Vaca for Gilberto
Wolyniek for Rey

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
PAULMAY said:
Well most of our problems arose in defence. When Bonseu went down we had to switch things around putting Reagen in who is terrible.

Something like this I guess.

Walker

Bonseu Agoos Parke Leitch

Gilberto Youri Guevara Gaven

Taylor Galven Rey

Vaca for Gilberto
Wolyniek for Rey
We no longer have taylor or vaca.

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
I still don't like this signing, but when you think about it Bradley could have well got him not for his impact on the pitch as much as in the locker room and on the training ground. Djorkaeff won't bring much to the Metrostars as a player, but being around someone like him can do nothing but good for someone like Gaven. Eddie is still an immensely talented young player, will US National Team call-ups to his name, but he still has a long way to go to become the player he can and will be. The presence of a World Cup winner and former Inter player should help youngsters like Gaven more than he can help on the field.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts