Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A must win game. We will be wihout Sheva&Pippo :frustrat:
Will Carletto field 1 or 2 strikers?
I believe 2, but regardless of of how the team is fielded, it's time to improve our goal per sitters ratio :stuckup:

Possible lineups:

1 Storari
8 Zoro
6 Aronica
2 Rezaei
19 Parisi
10 Iliev
24 Coppola
5 Donati
14 Sullo
18 Amoruso
11 Di Napoli
A disposizione
21 Eleftheropoulos
4 Cristante
9 Zampagna
27 Zanchi
17 Giampà
32 Rafael
20 Yanagisawa

Allenatore Mutti

:: MILAN 4-3-1-2
1 Dida
2 Cafu
13 Nesta
31 Stam
3 Maldini
8 Gattuso
21 Pirlo
24 Dhorasoo
22 Kakà
11 Crespo
15 Tomasson
A disposizione
17 Abbiati
5 Costacurta
4 Kaladze
20 Seedorf
10 Rui Costa
23 Ambrosini
127 Serginho

Allenatore Ancelotti

Referee: Bertini

Forza Milan :shades:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
What's wrong with Seedorf. He hasen't played the last 2 games and we svcked in them.
Maybe all these reports are true that he should be sold. BIG, BIG mistake if true.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bayman said:
What's wrong with Seedorf. He hasen't played the last 2 games and we svcked in them.
Maybe all these reports are true that he should be sold. BIG, BIG mistake if true.
Every single time you post, you say something negative on the club.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
A must win game.
as the last 2. i hope we can recover and win this one. would be very important for our morale. i don't think it would be wise to play hernan and jon dahl together. maybe serghinho gets the nod and a chance to play up front.

as long as we win i don't really care.

C'mon Milan, get this 3 points!

ps: i've just seen a classic on eurosport where lazio played against feyenoord. tomasson came on in the second half and scored 2 goals. wish he can do this for us too in the next game.

*lol* next game was ajax - inter and hernan also score 2 goals.

man i really hope they also score against messina

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Diavolo said:
Every single time you post, you say something negative on the club.
Seedorf is simply our best midfielder, and we had this Senatori problem 3 years or so ago. Back then Galliani took the only right decision to send away Albertini and Rossi.
I don't het rid of the feeling that there are some rifts inside the team with some player being frustrated for being overlooked.

And yes unlike many others I don't consider Galliani as a football guru, though he is an excellent businessman in striking out deals. 4 years ago many others here were thinking the same on him. He got some quality players in since then due to different factors (financial crash in football (Rui, Nesta), Moratti,...) but now these fountains of footballing talent are sucked dry and we face certain teams (in the long run) who have more spending power (Chelsea, Real) and it takes wise decisions to keep up with them. I'm not too sure if Galliani is able to. We'll see.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
The Bologna game was a mix of poor form, bad luck and the lack of idea in the last third of the pitch.

But I don't agree that our scudetto hope is lost at this stage. There are still many games left. What's paramount to the team is to revive the determination of the players and to learn how to score without Sheva.

To bash Pirlo or Crespo for this defeat isn't the act of a Rossoneri supporter IMO.:rollani: Neither Sheva nor JDT score in recent games, why single out the argentinian when the whole team struggled to score?...and Pirlo's value in the team has been shown in the much improved team play yesterday than against Livorno. Bayman just hates Andrea for every part of his game. :rollani:

For the Messina game

I won't be surprised if Milan switch back to 4321 to beef up midfield and to improve the creativity in attack.
Kaka-Rui could be more useful than the ineffective Crespo-jdt combo. Indeed, providing our poor defensive record in recent games, I won't mind we play juve/chelsea type conservative, defensive and dull game plans. It sounds weird, but if we pay more patience to the game and to play a bit like Livorno/Bologna counter-attack apporach in the upcoming few matches. I am confident these invaluable points could be secured in order not to be left behind by juve... Of course it violates the 'beautiful' football philosophy of Berlu...but to stop these 1:0 humiliation we have to be more 'conservative' for a while I am afraid... :depress:

all in all, the key is the wake-up of our team players, especially Kaka.:devil: :angel:

FORZA MILAN:devil::stuckup:
NEVER GIVE UP :fero:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bayman said:
Seedorf is simply our best midfielder, and we had this Senatori problem 3 years or so ago. Back then Galliani took the only right decision to send away Albertini and Rossi.
I don't het rid of the feeling that there are some rifts inside the team with some player being frustrated for being overlooked.

And yes unlike many others I don't consider Galliani as a football guru, though he is an excellent businessman in striking out deals. 4 years ago many others here were thinking the same on him. He got some quality players in since then due to different factors (financial crash in football (Rui, Nesta), Moratti,...) but now these fountains of footballing talent are sucked dry and we face certain teams (in the long run) who have more spending power (Chelsea, Real) and it takes wise decisions to keep up with them. I'm not too sure if Galliani is able to. We'll see.
Another negative post.

·
Registered
43,406 Posts
Bayman, follow the link "The Glory" in Diavolo's sig, chill out and then talk about Galiani's chances to match Chelsea or Real :D:D:D (you are kidding with Real right) abilities to build strong and successive squads.

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Id say its better to start with Kaka-RuiCosta-Crespo, and leave Tomasson for later if neccesary (if we'r chasin result)
It would be perfect if we score in the beggining and than just concentrate more in defense, as they will open their game and try to equlise, that will give us chance for contrattack.
If we go 1:0 down, that would be a problem, bcz they will close and defend, and try contrattacks, which I fear a lot. They punished us that way twice in SanSiro.
But im confident for this game, I dont belive Milan will allow 3 defeats in a row.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
bono said:
Bayman, follow the link "The Glory" in Diavolo's sig, chill out and then talk about Galiani's chances to match Chelsea or Real :D:D:D (you are kidding with Real right) abilities to build strong and successive squads.
Since the Bosman ruling Real have been vastly more successfull than us. Actually they are the last team that won several cups in a short time and take a closer look at the different teams (98/00/02) and you'll see that they changed massively.
All teams are different (98/00/02), they always injected fresh blood and tried to become better and better regardless of what Mijatovic and Suker achieved as an example (98).
Those who stand still will always fall behind. We experienced that after Scudeto 99 where adding Sheva apparently was not enough. You could say the team won Scudetoo - keep them as they are, they deserve it. But it was a wrong decision as Juve/Lazio/Roma constantly became better and better and we fell behind.
Looks like the same happened after CL02/03 again. Apart from Cafu we just added players for departing ones and broadened the bench, but trying to become better in certain positions we didn't do. Now Juve constantly improved their squad since then (like Roma/Lazio before) and now is -8. Those who stand still will always fall behind.

Jankulovski as an example is a brillant decision as our left back position is a weak spot for long time now.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bayman said:
Since the Bosman ruling Real have been vastly more successfull than us. Actually they are the last team that won several cups in a short time and take a closer look at the different teams (98/00/02) and you'll see that they changed massively.
All teams are different (98/00/02), they always injected fresh blood and tried to become better and better regardless of what Mijatovic and Suker achieved as an example (98).
Those who stand still will always fall behind. We experienced that after Scudeto 99 where adding Sheva apparently was not enough. You could say the team won Scudetoo - keep them as they are, they deserve it. But it was a wrong decision as Juve/Lazio/Roma constantly became better and better and we fell behind.
Looks like the same happened after CL02/03 again. Apart from Cafu we just added players for departing ones and broadened the bench, but trying to become better in certain positions we didn't do. Now Juve constantly improved their squad since then (like Roma/Lazio before) and now is -8. Those who stand still will always fall behind.

Jankulovski as an example is a brillant decision as our left back position is a weak spot for long time now.
Thank God we signed Pirlo to change the trend

·
Registered
43,406 Posts
And how successful is Real policy the last 3 years? Give me a break. Besides, we have just started our cycle and if we are to have one we are in teh midle of it- CL (03), Scudetto (04), ??? (05). Hwo do you know what May and June will bring right now?

And besides, again, someone already told you that it was not just Cafu. AfterCL win we brought such players like Cafu, Stam, Kaka, Crespo to name a few. Now, tell me how come you cant see an improvement there?

What pisses ppl off here is that you post twice as much after a dedeat v. a win. If you knwo what I mean. When will I see a possitive post from you I will never know. I wonder what have you posted after winning teh CL? If any? may be sth like: "Yes, good, but that was lats night and I dont live in the past. We have to improve. Pirlo is our weak spot and we should get rid of him and buy wheoever the Valancia midflider was at that point otherwise we are doomed"

Anyway ...

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
The key player to change the trend was no other than Alessandro Nesta.

bono said:
And besides, again, someone already told you that it was not just Cafu. AfterCL win we brought such players like Cafu, Stam, Kaka, Crespo to name a few. Now, tell me how come you cant see an improvement there?

What pisses ppl off here is that you post twice as much after a dedeat v. a win. If you knwo what I mean. When will I see a possitive post from you I will never know. I wonder what have you posted after winning teh CL? If any? may be sth like: "Yes, good, but that was lats night and I dont live in the past. We have to improve. Pirlo is our weak spot and we should get rid of him and buy wheoever the Valancia midflider was at that point otherwise we are doomed"

Anyway ...
1. Kaka - Rui replacement. Rui in 02/03 No1 assitman in all competitions. World class for world class.
2. Stam and Crespo are semi-starters - not players to wipe out a weak spot.
Jankulovski is a real improvement for example. Noo player too old or retiring - just pure improvement.
3. I'm always saying what I say now regardless of defeat or win. It's just that after defeat I get a dozen replies to reply again. And so on and so on...

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bono said:
And how successful is Real policy the last 3 years? Give me a break. Besides, we have just started our cycle and if we are to have one we are in teh midle of it- CL (03), Scudetto (04), ??? (05). Hwo do you know what May and June will bring right now?

Anyway ...
This was posted 2 weeks after winning the CL. Last year we won the Title.
http://www.xtratime.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1546826&postcount=8

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Whilst this was posted 21 days before winning the CL and 25 before winning Coppa Italia. Last year we won the title. The title of the thread was: "Sack Ancelotti" http://www.xtratime.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1480016&postcount=1

Sack Ancelotti

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well Milan vs. Inter was the second Milan game I watched this year (other one Milan - Ajax 3-2) and you might disagree with me.

But this Milan side simply PLAYS no football. Except for a very short time (50th to 70th) they were never really dangerous. Toldo was not forced to make a single "big save" througout the whole game, though Milan completeley dominating the midfield.
What this AC Milan side lacks:
-creativity: only long balls or "crosses to nowhere"
-play off the ball (running, opening the game)
During the whole 90 minutes Milan were only relying on their far superior midfielders (--> ball posession). It looks fine till they reach the opponets box, but then...distance shots, offside passes and so on.
And the reason behind this: Ancelotti
With him Milan wont win any silverware this season (not even the Coppa) or in the future. And stop with those "it takes time to build a team" arguments. Yes it takes time to build a team out of 18-22 year old youngsters like Ajax, but GREAT coaches have instant success.
-Hitzfelds first season at Bayern (98/99): completely dominating the Bundeslige and winning the title with a record 15 points lead; reaching the CL final, domiating and losing thanks to 2 injury time goals (Solskjar and Sheringham); reaching the German Cup final, totally dominating and losing in penalty shootout thanks to Bremens superb goalkeeper.
-Capello whereever he was
-Lippi with Juve
and so on...

In contrast to Ancelotti Cuper is a great coach IMO, though lots of Inter fans blame him for not winning the Scudetto for 2 years. But they fail to realize that you cant win silverware with such a crappy midfield (except Emre). Definetely the weekest midfield out of all top teams (Inter, Milan, Roma, Lazio, real, Valencia, Coruna, Bayern, Dortmund, Arsenal, ManU....). Simply non existant!

My second leg prediction: Inter - Milan 1-0
Champions league winner 2003: Real Madrid

PS: Coaches I would like to see at AC Milan: del Neri, Mancini or Christoph Daum (German coach currently Austria Vienna; first title in ten years with 10+ point difference, he built of the 2001/2002 Leverkusen team in the late 90s and was successfull whereever he was)

·
Registered
43,406 Posts
thnaks diavolo. Well, you cant say Bayman aint consistent to his credit. too bad there are no facts to back his stataments with :D

1 - 20 of 205 Posts