Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there is no matchthread yet I thought that I should open it. We play in Sicilia against Messina tomorrow, a very important match for us since Messina is just above us in the table. They have won their last match on Wednesday (1-0 against Atalanta) and have an in-form Donati (ex-Parma).

We will probably play like this:

(4-4-1-1): Frey - Contini, Bovo, Bonera, Cannavaro - Bresciano, Simplicio, Grella, Marchionni - Vignaroli - Gilardino

My guess is that Vigna will play instead of Morfeo, who stays at home because of fitness problems. Bolano returns to the squad, Bucci is on the bench.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Shouldn't this be more logical considering our last formations?

Frey
Bovo - Bonera - Cannavaro
Marchionni - Simplicio - Grella - Bresciano - Contini
Vignaroli
Gilardino

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
I'm with AMO here, interesting to see whether Marchionni can defend :). IMO he has developed that side aswell, not rocksolid of course but sure as hell better then before.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Morfeo doesn't play ==> so Vignaroli really can make his debut already in Messina. However he will definitely not be playing as a numero 10. Make a good midfield and let him play as a forward next to Gila or just field him on any side of our midfield. One of Simplicio / Bresciano will have to be our main creative force.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I would think the same but according to Gazzetta we will play with a 4-men-defence. I would be happy if it wouldnt be like that though.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Gazzetta dello Sport maintains that Carmigiani is still undecided whether to favour Vignaroli to Budel on the left side of midfield, he also toys with the idea of fielding Cardone (Il capitano :proud:) and benching Bovo.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
He is not, however he has already played there and quite successfully, or let's say he did his job that time. Since the match against Inter he was always a DM when he was playing, there were a few better games, his overal performace for Parma is not that impressive though.

Rosina isn't available, so Budel and Vignaroli are the options.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
One positive thing is that Messina played midweek. That usually makes the difference. I have a good feeling about this game...

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
fvck .... very bad result .. and will completely blow the confidence we had built up in the last 3 games. A draw would have been unsatisfactory, a loss is just bleh. Luckily Brescia also lost so we stay ties 3rd last, but most of the teams above us (messina, lecce, livorno) also won. Chievo are still within 3 pts, and lazio and fiorentina (if they lose tonight) within 4. It always seems that if we are without either Morfeo or Marchionni we play bad. Vigna came off early in the second half, so i dont know how well he played, but it's obvious domenico can't stay injured for too long. we need him.

This'll make next weeks Udinese game much harder, even thought they also suffered a bad loss.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We didnt deserve to lose this match, a draw would have been more correct. Messina had more ball possession but we defended well and tried to get out something from our counter attacks where Gila always did a great job by defending the ball from the opponents.
We had 3 great chances: A great play between Marchionni and Simplicio, Marco took a shoot from outside but Storari made a great save. Then right after their lead Bresciano hit the bar with a shot from outside. And the last chance was in the 90th minute, Simplicios free-kick was deflected to Ruopolo who was standing just in front of Storari but blasted the shot over the bar, an incredible miss!

I liked Vignaroli, he tried to take shots from outside and missed the goal twice...

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Our next match is next Saturday at 2030 CET, home-match against Udinese - the revenge for our 4-0 loss. I wont make a match thread again, so please anyone of you open one on Friday ;)

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Hmmm .. well it's good that we actually played alright. Now i feel cheated, but it's still for the better.

Anyone know if Morfeo's injury is anything serious or only minor?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Sorry

I'm very dissapointed because we deserved to get at least one point.
It would have been very important for our struggle to avoid the relegation.
But nothing is finished we could still do something for it.
The next game must be won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Vignaroli played very well on Sunday,and I hope that he will perform as well as he had done.

·
Banned
2,825 Posts
One word - Dissappointment

1 - 19 of 19 Posts