Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how would you picture this game?? 3 goals at least? Nedved is back and i hope he will play some of the dying minutes.. They say Zlatan and Del Piero will be startes up front.. Messina are a strong home side but we will pick up 3 points on Saturday.. what about your comments?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
We have to give a strong performance because next week we play Real Madrid in Spain and we need to go in the match with some good form!

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
3 points for Juve without the slightest doubt in my mind. We need to show a strong front to get us all prepped up for the game in Spain but in all honesty if we score two goals we can't expect Messina to leave the pitch without having scored at least one. So I predict a 1-0 win tomorrow.

Forza Juventus, as always!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Faith Knopfler said:
but in all honesty if we score two goals we can't expect Messina to leave the pitch without having scored at least one. So I predict a 1-0 win tomorrow.
:pp

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
I guess Capello won't line the first team... or at least he will give some key players time to rest. Very interesting to see our most current form before Madrid trip.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really hope Nedved gets too play some dying minutes because he needs match practice ...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Fondy said:
2-0 (Zlatan, Trezogol)
Trez wont play
Alex will partner Zlatan in attack

·
Registered
143 Posts
Trez and Nedved sidelined Friday 18 February, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leaders Juventus will face Messina on Saturday without both David Trezeguet and Pavel Nedved.

The pair have been omitted from the squad for the Week 25 clash, escalating fears that the Czech ace will also miss the Champions’ League game against Real Madrid on Tuesday.

"Trezeguet currently has a fever and he won’t travel to Messina, but we are optimistic that he will be fine for Madrid," stated boss Fabio Capello.

"Nedved hasn’t made it either and he is a doubt for Real. At this moment in time he won’t play, even if we might still take him to Spain to see whether to risk him for part of the game."

The midfielder has been on the sidelines with a knee injury since the victory over Brescia on January 23.

Although the Bernabeu clash is undoubtedly the club’s biggest game of the season so far, Capello wants his side to focus on one match at a time.

"Messina will be very difficult," he stated ahead of the Stadio San Filippo tie. "They are a side to be feared at home.

"We are now not thinking about Real because we can’t afford any mistakes if we want to maintain our Serie A leadership."

It is unclear at this stage what sort of side Capello will select tomorrow, but Alex Del Piero will probably partner Zlatan Ibrahimovic in attack.

The tactician is also likely to revert back to a 4-4-2, despite using a 3-4-3 against Udinese and testing a 5-3-2 in training this week.

Squad: Buffon, Ferrara, Tacchinardi, Montero, Pessotto, Emerson, Ibrahimovic, Del Piero, Chimenti, Birindelli, Camoranesi, Appiah, Zambrotta, Blasi, Thuram, Bonnefoi, Olivera, Zalayeta, Zebina, Cannavaro.

·
MVP
8,990 Posts
what time's the game CET??

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Probables lineups vs. Messina:

Traditional one:

-----------Buffon-------------
Thuram---Montero--Canna---Zebina
Camo----Emo----Blasi-----Zambro---
--------DP-------Zlatan-------

5-3-2:

------------Buffon--------------
--------Montero---Canna----Zebina---
Thuram------------------------------Zambro---
-----Camo-------Emo--------Blasi----------------
-----------DP------------Zlatan---------

Or could be another formation..probably a last time surprise by Capello....Nedved and Trez are out....will be a interesting game... :shades:

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
i hope for a win, dont 4get guys that we r playing away of home.. and messina imo isnt an easy side.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Buffon; Zebina, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Emerson, Blasi, Kapo/Olivera; Zlatan, Del Piero

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Hello folks

Been tied up with my new job since the start of February, so I haven't been around much. Seems like the dream that was the 8 point gap vanished without a trace inside a week. Rather disappoiting.

Another disappointing thing is our bench today:
Chimenti, Ferrara, Pessotto, Birindelli, Tacchinardi, Appiah, Zalayeta

Meh!

Hopefully the starting lineup does the trick.

Very unfortunate that we have these injury problems right when the Real games come along :fero: .

Still 0-0 at San Filippo.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts