Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"I want to produce the biggest match of my life against Chelsea to silence the mouth of Mourinho and his players.

"They claim I am an actor. They are wrong. I am a professional footballer and I have received many kicks this season. The actors are for the cinema and not for sport.

"I do not want contact with Mourinho because he was deceptive with me through his behaviour. He should look at the bruises on my legs.

"Del Horno has also had a lot to say about me but so he should because he got nowhere near me on the pitch until he fouled me."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,453 Posts
Hope this doesnt end up biting him in the ar*e. I think players from both sides should keep their mouth shut.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,853 Posts
Nico said:
Hope this doesnt end up biting him in the ar*e. I think players from both sides should keep their mouth shut.
He is actually good enough to back up his words with action. Its as if Chelski did not have enough problems to deal with and now they will have this enraged world-beater playing with a point to prove. Mourinho and John Terry are in for a ride.
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
cat said:
"Del Horno has also had a lot to say about me but so he should because he got nowhere near me on the pitch until he fouled me."
you can't argue with that, it was as if Del Horno was the 18 year old kid and Messi was a veteran campaigner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,712 Posts
if u ask me, I agree too that both sets of players talk too much. Both sets of players are cry babies in my opinion. They should just shut up, finish the tie and that's it.. Too much of such becomes boring, at least for me. I'm interested in a football game between the 2 sides, but not the rubbish off the pitch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,453 Posts
Jianxing said:
if u ask me, I agree too that both sets of players talk too much. They should just shut up, finish the tie and that's it.. Too much of such becomes too boring, even if it's shown in the cinema.
:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,712 Posts
Nico said:
:thumbsup:
To be honest, it's getting tiring.
That's why I rather watch the ties like Villareal vs Rangers, or Real Madrid vs Arsenal (to a certain extend, without the Henry talks). At least everything is about football, and nothing extra. This is not WWE, we don't need behind-the-scene dramas in football.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,845 Posts
Jianxing said:
if u ask me, I agree too that both sets of players talk too much. Both sets of players are cry babies in my opinion. They should just shut up, finish the tie and that's it.. Too much of such becomes boring, at least for me. I'm interested in a football game between the 2 sides, but not the rubbish off the pitch.
I agree. I wish the fans in the World Football forum (and elsewhere) would shut up about it too. :O How many threads does one tie need?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,853 Posts
But its Chelsea who's spweing all the rubbish and the Barca players are simply stating facts I suppose. Like Messi pointed out....Del horno or Robben could not even grab his shirt let alone stop him. Just stating facts!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,405 Posts
Agree with what has been said here.
I'm also sick of all off-the pitch comedies and never ending players provokation and stuff like this.
We just want a good football game and let's hope for enjoabl match tomorrow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,712 Posts
Shaf said:
But its Chelsea who's spweing all the rubbish and the Barca players are simply stating facts I suppose. Like Messi pointed out....Del horno or Robben could not even grab his shirt let alone stop him. Just stating facts!!
If you ask me, I would feel that Messi doesn't need to say anything. Just put in a superb performance tomorrow. That would silence everything that is thrown at him for the past few weeks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54,575 Posts
To be honest most of the mouthing has been from Chelsea. Especially before the 1st leg... Mourinho was the first person to have a go at Barca etc, but the Riijkaard didnt have nothing to say and indeed was very calm in the approach to the match. The only thing which upset Barca was the pitch... in the run-up to this match I am sure Chelsea will try and disturbe Barca, but in the end this only leads to players playing better.

I think Barca will play Chelsea off the park personally in this match.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,712 Posts
Carles said:
Agree with what has been said here.
I'm also sick of all off-the pitch comedies and never ending players provokation and stuff like this.
We just want a good football game and let's hope for enjoabl match tomorrow.
:thumbsup:

So far this tie hasn't live up the expectations we have hoped for since last season. Both sets of fans (chelsea and Barcelona) would be happier with a tie of good football and great skills, isn't it? Sadly, to me, both sets of players talk too much (as much as playing football). We PAY to watch good football, not "interesting" drama.

Some have said that the 1st leg was great. But it's not even half as great to watch as Real vs Man Utd some years back to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,712 Posts
Deano said:
To be honest most of the mouthing has been from Chelsea. Especially before the 1st leg... Mourinho was the first person to have a go at Barca etc, but the Riijkaard didnt have nothing to say and indeed was very calm in the approach to the match. The only thing which upset Barca was the pitch... in the run-up to this match I am sure Chelsea will try and disturbe Barca, but in the end this only leads to players playing better.

I think Barca will play Chelsea off the park personally in this match.
And to be honest too, I respect Rijkaard for not saying anything this season (unlike last season, where he talked just as much as Mourinho did). He just let his management skills do the talking this time round, which is great to see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54,575 Posts
I use to like Mourinho before he came to England and even in his first season. he was cocky and arrogant but in a good manner apart from a couple of incidents such as the Barca match last year.

This season he has been an idiot though. Cocky, arrogant and some of his comments towards other people are not nice from one of the top managers in the game. Looking at WBA game on the weekend is another example even if Robbo was the one who started it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,712 Posts
Deano said:
I use to like Mourinho before he came to England and even in his first season. he was cocky and arrogant but in a good manner apart from a couple of incidents such as the Barca match last year.

This season he has been an idiot though. Cocky, arrogant and some of his comments towards other people are not nice from one of the top managers in the game. Looking at WBA game on the weekend is another example even if Robbo was the one who started it.
Last season he was ok too. But he seems like a changed person recently. That's strange. It's sad actually.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,614 Posts
Deano said:
To be honest most of the mouthing has been from Chelsea. Especially before the 1st leg... Mourinho was the first person to have a go at Barca etc, but the Riijkaard didnt have nothing to say and indeed was very calm in the approach to the match. The only thing which upset Barca was the pitch... in the run-up to this match I am sure Chelsea will try and disturbe Barca, but in the end this only leads to players playing better.

I think Barca will play Chelsea off the park personally in this match.
To be honest, mouthing started from Stamford Bridge's pitch if you followed the saga. Although Rijkaard was being wise, some of barca players already started mouthing. Even gooners get involved with it. :thmbdown:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,614 Posts
Jianxing said:
:thumbsup:

So far this tie hasn't live up the expectations we have hoped for since last season. Both sets of fans (chelsea and Barcelona) would be happier with a tie of good football and great skills, isn't it? Sadly, to me, both sets of players talk too much (as much as playing football). We PAY to watch good football, not "interesting" drama.

Some have said that the 1st leg was great. But it's not even half as great to watch as Real vs Man Utd some years back to me.
I would say all these things started from Barca's fans. They're still bitter about last year defeat. Even long before Chelsea got a draw to play Barca. They're aiming for a revenge which clearly is a bitterness, aint it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,712 Posts
vinsea said:
I would say all these things started from Barca's fans. They're still bitter about last year defeat. Even long before Chelsea got a draw to play Barca. They're aiming for a revenge which clearly is a bitterness, aint it?
For me, I prefer to look at everything separately. Generally, most Chelsea fans are never involved in this drama for last season and this season. I agree with you on the Barca fans part though. True, last season's Terry's goal is a talking point. But to me, Barca lost last season, mainly due to the fact that they concede the 3 goals early. All those outside the pitch which went on, were stupid if you ask me. Yes, both Barca and Chelsea players. Rijkaard and Mourinho. This season, again both Barca and Chelsea players talked too much again I feel. Likewise for Mourinho. Rijkaard is out of the picture though. He just does his job and does it well so far. As for fans this season, I feel that up to now, both sets of fans are ok. It's normal for fans to side their own teams. If the incidents were reversed, both sets of fans would react the same way too I'm sure.

Mourinho talked a lot, yes. That's what we have expected isn it? Nothing surprising. Or rather, quite expected. It's the players talking too much for this season that makes me sick. Pointing at each other. All these saga has over shadowed anything that is displayed on the pitch. The talking point will never be on the game whatever outcome tomorrow, even if it is the best match of the tournament. All will be focusing on outside the match talk again. This is what I am tired of. Things would have been much better if both sets of players would just SHUT UP and play their football.

Hope I would be wrong this time round. Hope that this tie would be remembered cos of a great 2nd Leg at the Nou Camp rather than being remembered cos of all the trash talk.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top