Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The most hyped youngsters in the past few years. I know that Ghananian-American kid is the most hyped but I don't think he is worth mentioning here.

I think Messi is the only player who has done enough to justify the hype. Relagated players like Guily to the bench. Is now the biggest threat in Barca games with guys like Ronaldinho on the side.

Rooney. Where is Man U now. A hattrick again Ferna ages ago is all he did in ucl.

Robinho. Another trophyless year for real, with a guy who we were told has been the best player in Brazil for three years being relagated to the bench.

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
Can someone please close this thread alreay, TBH I think this has been the main thread tha everyone has been discussing for the past decade!! why not open a thread like that in the future stars forum?!?

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FC Barcelona9 said:
Can someone please close this thread alreay, TBH I think this has been the main thread tha everyone has been discussing for the past decade!! why not open a thread like that in the future stars forum?!?
Messi, Rooney and Robinho has been in discussion for the past decade :googly: In XT :eekani: Where have I been sleeping :finger:

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
How has Robinho been relegated to the bench?

It was just this past week, as he's started every single game for us since the second month of the season. And I'm including La Liga, Copa, and CL games.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Rooney has more than lived up to the hype. He's brilliant.

Messi has been playing exceptionally well this season, but it's a bit early to say if he's going to cut it as many youngsters tend to fend off in their second season. But from the looks of it, he's going to be awesome.

Robinho has not showed more than glimpses of talent, but he's only been in europe for 6 months and is playing for a very problematic and demanding team. Cut him some slack.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kyle said:
I've personally only ever seen Rooney play bad on a very low number of occasions, i could count them on my right hand.
Still he didn't help when Manure got knocked out in the first round. I see no trophies for you guys this season. And how many goals has he scored.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
1. Messi.

2. Rooney

3. Robinho

Its funny how when Robinho started to show his brilliance, Lopez Caro showed his amazing coaching skills by benching him for 3 consecutive games but playing the likes of Baptista and Beckham instead :wallbang:

·
fawkin legend
4,943 Posts
Yes. Robinho lived up to the hype with the Brazilian NT so far (he was useful in WC-qualification round and won the Confederation Cup trashing the likes of Argentina, now he just has to do anything good next WC) That's all I care about because you can't live up to anything with a sinking club like Real.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Calcio100 said:
Still he didn't help when Manure got knocked out in the first round. I see no trophies for you guys this season. And how many goals has he scored.
United won a trophy a few weeks back and Rooney is in double figures this season. I think its 12.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Benjie said:
United won a trophy a few weeks back and Rooney is in double figures this season. I think its 12.
Trophy == League, UCL/uefa, FA equivalent

He has 12. How impressive

Ruud van Nistelrooy Man Utd 19
Thierry Henry Arsenal 17
Frank Lampard Chelsea 14
Marlon Harewood West Ham 13
Darren Bent Charlton 13
Aiyegbeni Yakubu Middlesbrough 13
Ahmed Mido Tottenham 11
Robbie Keane Tottenham 10
Wayne Rooney Man Utd 10
Hernan Crespo

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Benjie said:
Even though it was the crappy league Cup :eekani: :googly: :tongue: but still it was something I guess :) .In all fairness I think Messi and rooney have been outstanding but Robinho has alot of pressure on him also hasn't been particularly outstanding. :undecide:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Calcio100 said:
It's a team game, no matter what Rooney does, crap players like Silvestre and O'Shea will screw things up. No United fan expects Rooney to carry the club by himself.

The Carling Cup is a trophy, not a big one, but a trophy nonetheless.

As for the question, Rooney has lived up to the hype, Messi too, and Robinho will be great once Real Madrid dump the old guard and build around him and the young guys.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Messi has lived up to the hype...Rooney and Robinho are doing great and I expect them to do great things this world cup..One of them has to win the inaugural Gillete Young Player of The Year Award.
Messi
Robinho
Rooney
(Cristiano) especially when in the Portuguese colours.

·
Banned
10,200 Posts
Calcio100 said:
How do you explain his Euro2004 then...and he was just 18 at the time ;) see just Anti-United Anti-Premiership Anti-English

1 - 20 of 53 Posts