Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
51,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rumors say that he won't extend and will join ManCity.

Opinions?

I'd be dissappointed, he should remain a one club man IMO...or maybe go back to Newell's Old Boys at a late stage of his career. ManCity isn't Messi at all.

·
Registered
500 Posts
He aint leaving. It would be the biggest shocker.

·
Registered
64,834 Posts
He should leave tbh, he already won everything at Barca and is also their best ever scorer. Time to test himself on a Monday night in Stoke and a Wednesday night in Bolton. Or preferably, come to Inter and challenge Cristiano Ronaldo and prove himself on a Monday night at Brescia or a Wednesday night at Benevento. Leo, come to the club that had Herrera, Passarella, Ramon Diaz, Walter Samuel, Cambiasso, Crespo, Veron, Simeone, Batistuta, Milito.. and JZ is the VP now.

Reactions: Andy Christ

·
Registered
64,834 Posts
If he decides to pull a Maradona and join Napoli, will Napoli make an exception for Messi and let him have Maradona's withheld #10?

·
Registered
64,834 Posts
He can have a 1+9 , like Zamorano's 1+8 :)

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
11,786 Posts
He’s obviously bluffing , he just wants Bartomeu out lol. Even if Bartomeu stayed on which is highly unlikely, still seems kinda crazy for him to leave right now

Maybe in a few years he’ll go back to Argentina lol, another top European league or MLS (though I know it would never happen) would be cool though

·
Registered
59 Posts
He should leave tbh, he already won everything at Barca and is also their best ever scorer. Time to test himself on a Monday night in Stoke and a Wednesday night in Bolton. Or preferably, come to Inter and challenge Cristiano Ronaldo and prove himself on a Monday night at Brescia or a Wednesday night at Benevento. Leo, come to the club that had Herrera, Passarella, Ramon Diaz, Walter Samuel, Cambiasso, Crespo, Veron, Simeone, Batistuta, Milito.. and JZ is the VP now.
Ronaldo will score 70 goals a season with him assisting...Juve had there fair share with Sivori, Tevez, Dybala...he'll end in Milan, following the legacy of Guglielminpietro and Chamot.

·
Registered
46,918 Posts
Could be that the 8-2 may end up getting Messi to stay since he wants the coach gone and an overhaul in upper management, team direction, etc. Barça reportedly want to do all that.

·
Registered
16,242 Posts
Hopefully it's just a 'leaked' rumour for such an effect. I'd rather he stayed than a move to say PSG or Man City.

·
*the drum drum*
43,228 Posts
I'd like to see him move on, it's for his benefit. Two years outside of Barcelona may teach him what he needs to know about playing football outside of the Barcelona bubble.

He has one last crack at the prize he really wants (and needs) to win, and staying at Barcelona isn't going to help him win it.

·
Registered
16,242 Posts
I'd like to see him move on, it's for his benefit. Two years outside of Barcelona may teach him what he needs to know about playing football outside of the Barcelona bubble.

He has one last crack at the prize he really wants (and needs) to win, and staying at Barcelona isn't going to help him win it.
World Cup? That's the elusive one for him, and IMO it's more to do with Argentina than Messi.

·
Registered
22,851 Posts
The little midget isn't going anywhere. Its another cry wolf antic. He cried and quit the Argies. And he keeps crying here now too. He'll never go anywhere but ironically is the reason they can't win. His insistence that his way past their prime buddies like the vampire Suarez, crybaby Alba, peekaboo busqets, vidal and pique play no matter what while he walks around disinterested will mean this will keep happening and only get worse.

Am not complaining as a RM fan...in fact, I hope he and the rest stay as it will only get worse. While we slowly but surely build back up to our rightful place as kings of Europe. Mbappe will arrive in 2021 and the dynasty begins again.

Just wish my man Ivan would leave, no need to stick around this mess. Go to Sevilla where his wife is from, or perhaps football factory Dinamo Zagreb.

·
*the drum drum*
43,228 Posts
World Cup? That's the elusive one for him, and IMO it's more to do with Argentina than Messi.
It is, but if there is one player capable of leading his team to the ultimate prize, it’s Messi. But he needs to unleash a different Messi to the one we know, and to find that in himself, he needs something to spark it within.

A new club could be that spark.

·
Registered
14,424 Posts
If he wins a Ballon d'Or in another league many will start comparing him with Ronaldo again so I think it's worth it.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts