Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi man,

Ive read ur message on the italian forum and I want to give u an answer from a REAL italian, I dont want to involve all the italo-americans men...I accept ur commentaries, but im sure that u made some cauz u were on the defensive...

Before all u have to know that most of italian RESPECT A LOT the german calcio, we always had a lot of admiration to ur team and ur tradition...I think that Italy and Germany have the same position in the eyes of the world people, they seem to guess that we r outpassed, loosers, etc.. But any guys who REALLY know about calcio know that the history repeat itself...

Teams like Germany and Italy will ever be strong team (the only other who can stand is Brazil) cauz of a very good concept of the calcio...

Now please dont talk anymore about catenaccio, cauz its not applied since 78...we play in a 3-4-1-2 module but its true that we bet a lot on counter attak, LIKE U, thats why our teams will ever be at the top man!!! and u know it...Cauz the key of the calcio is the DEFENSE, even if all the "commercials" fans think that attak pay much better, ITS FALSE!!!

Defense is the key, thats why Italy and Germany will ever do fine, its not that we dont have great forward, its that our tactic is perfect...I renember the mannschaft in 90, even if they tell that it was not a good tema (in italian forum), i think this one was one of the best calcio team in history, i renemeber games like the one against holland or yugoslavia or england in semi...U desserve it and u know this...

For us we didnt have luck in the last 4 tourn, thats simple, we lost 3 times in pk and a stupid game against the korea...just cauz trap was so fool this year, he left players like ambrosini, fiore, conte, Baggio, DiVaio home and men like Montella and Del Piero on the bench, do u need more explication why we wernt in the semi against u????? Our potential this year was soooo big, we could really have won, but trap miss it all....

But im not affraid we won 4 of the last 5 euro under 21, we have some really great players who come...

Now Im sure that u will win against Brazil, renember me man, renmeber that our fate is the same, dont insult our calcio u will hurt urself doing this...I will be too happy like all italian (do u renemebr 90???) will be...cauz we like germany, im sure u will show the world that even with a "bad" germany (if we look at the others u can still defeat brazil with a good tactic...Its incredible man u miss 7 key players and u will do it...

Now its true that u did ur work with humility this year, in Italy we were too much confident, but look at our players, who will be not???? its only the coach fault!!! But we have to learn from this situation...

Good luck man u will do it

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Dear Sagha,

Danke for the kind and calm words. I am glad that I can speak to someone who has a level head.

By now, as you probably know, Deutschland lost 2-0 to Brazil. A very fair score. In my mind, I never thought we could win. But one always hoped. Die Nationalmannschaft 2002 was Oliver Kahn, Michael Ballack, and 9 plumbers. We worked hard and made it to the Finals. I wasn't sure whether we would make it past the 1st round going into the tournament. But we did. So being there in the end was an honour in itself. Everyone is happy.

As for my comments about the Azzurri, they were never, ever intended as insults. However, the timing may have been bad as a result of Italy just being knocked out. As you have read, those comments were made in the greatest humility. If anything, I though I was most negative about my thoughts on the Nationalmannschaft. But some fans interpretted things in the wrong way and thus began to attack me. I don't believe I ever retaliated and tried to keep everyone focused on the topic. But in the end, you can't control what people think and say.

I'm glad that you responded. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts