Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Sa primiti ce doriti!

lupisor, I hope you have sent Marius' present nice and early. ;)

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Raven said:
Sa primiti ce doriti!

lupisor, I hope you have sent Marius' present nice and early. ;)
Nope, haven't received it yet and I don't think I will.
May be good old Santa has decided to to keep it himself....:crybaby:

Oh well, I guess the portable Mp3 player will do for now...

·
Registered
25,390 Posts
Merry Xmas and a Happy new Year everyone :)

I sent Marius's gift, but since he pretends he didn't receive it, I guess he's right about Santa. Anyhow, we'll find out tonight... :D I hope Santa doesn't use too much Marius's present, otherwise who's gonna deliver all the gifts to the children...? :eek:

:D

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
:howler:

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lupisor lupetto said:
Merry Xmas and a Happy new Year everyone :)
I sent Marius's gift, but since he pretends he didn't receive it, I guess he's right about Santa. Anyhow, we'll find out tonight... :D I hope Santa doesn't use too much Marius's present, otherwise who's gonna deliver all the gifts to the children...? :eek:
:D
HAHA, Why do you think the old man has got red cheeks...:D

Man, the way we abuse Santa's name, we'll never get any presents!!!

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Ha ha, ha ha ha! :happy:
My Christmas is coming before yours! :D
Only 3 hours and 5 minutes to go! :)

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
By the way, Marius, how's the TV over in Canada? Here a David Beckham documentary is starting now called "The Real Beckhams". Its about how they are settling in Spain. :rolleyes: Earlier onn there was the films Chicken Run and 101 Dalmatians. :)

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Raven said:
By the way, Marius, how's the TV over in Canada? Here a David Beckham documentary is starting now called "The Real Beckhams". Its about how they are settling in Spain. :rolleyes: Earlier onn there was the films Chicken Run and 101 Dalmatians. :)
The TV is somewhat boring... We get about 50 Channels but most of them are crap. We have all the news channels, We got ABC, BBC, CBC, NBC, CNN, you know the whole "enchilada". We don't get SKY, nor EuroSports unless you got satelite, and you have to pay extra for ESPN and HBO.

At the moment we have a lot of re-runs of popular X-mas movies such as Scrooge, It's a wonderful life, Miracle on 31st street, National Lampoon's X-mas vacation and all that.

Toronto's local station - CityTV is one of the best in Canada. They own part of MuchMusic (The equivalent of MTV), and a bunch of other stations. They have good movies and continuous re-runs of Seinfeld, Friends, Star Trek, Enterprise, etc.

TSN is Canada's Sports Network. They showed most of the World Cup and Euro games, but nowadays Sportsnet show more football from England. TeleLatino show games from Serie A (from RAI).

That's about it.

If I wanted something else for X-mas, (beside the pump from Lupetto :D) I would want more football games and more highlights from Europe....

·
Registered
25,390 Posts
In Canada, if you want to see good TV, you have to have a satellite dish and pay all the good channels or get a "magic" card :)

As for Santa, not give us presents for the way we talk about him is the least of my worries.... I don't know if you've ever seen the image describing how Santa tells you that you've been bad this year... :stress:

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
EclipsE said:
La multi si sucess la toti din forum. Happy holidays to our non Romanian fans too like Gica and Rumaniac.

Cheers
Yes, this is a good time to thank our non-Romanian friends who have given us support in good and in bad times (and lately it's been bad times).

Nevertheless they stuck with us, and are truly excellent friends of this forum. We are happy to have you here Gica and Rumaniac and other friends such as Orange and even AmsterdamAmstel who has given us the latest on Lobont and Mitea.

Also, Happy holidays to all our East European and even the Turkish friends.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
GloryHunter said:
The TV is somewhat boring... We get about 50 Channels but most of them are crap. We have all the news channels, We got ABC, BBC, CBC, NBC, CNN, you know the whole "enchilada". We don't get SKY, nor EuroSports unless you got satelite, and you have to pay extra for ESPN and HBO.
You get 50 free channels??? :eek: We only get 5 here: BBC 1 and 2, ITV1, Channel 4 and five.

They used to show 2 CL games on Tuesday and 2 on Wednesday. One would be shown on ITV1, and the other on ITV2 (cable channel). Now :yuck: Sky :yuck: have bought the rights to them and they show all the CL matches in one night on one channel. You can choose which one you watch via the remote, and you can watch picture in picture... to see more than one game at a time. Pretty cool, but those who can't pay have to live with Manchester United's CL games on Tuesday's. And if Man U aren't playing, then Arsenal. :(

We have this new method now that you get a cable reciever kind of thing, and plug it into your aeriel and that gives you about 20 more channels. No sport though. Mixed, news, music, lifestyle, kids, and one sports news channel called Sky Sports News. They add new channels every month though so I'd like to see where it'll go.

Starting from next year we will be shown 8 more Premier League games for free, in addition to the 0 games we can see now. :) This is after Sky were basically sued by the European Sports Commition for stealing all the league games. The FA Cup is shown for free though live (some games) and we get league highlights on Saturday and Monday night, plus foreign league (good goals and results only) on Sky Sports News. Its because people aren't intrested in foreign leagues as much here. We used to have Gazeta Fotbal Italia in Channel 4 on Saturday mornings showing last weeks highlights, but they quit that. I wonder why they are still doing that stupid Italia site anyway. They have absolutly no football shown on their channel. However there are a few Bundesliga and La Liga games on Sky each week.

I was watching "David Blaine: Above The BBelow" last night. It was pretty good. The guy is a crazy mofo. :nasty:

·
Registered
16,299 Posts
GloryHunter said:
Yes, this is a good time to thank our non-Romanian friends who have given us support in good and in bad times (and lately it's been bad times).

Nevertheless they stuck with us, and are truly excellent friends of this forum. We are happy to have you here Gica and Rumaniac and other friends such as Orange and even AmsterdamAmstel who has given us the latest on Lobont and Mitea.

Also, Happy holidays to all our East European and even the Turkish friends.
Thank you. I feel great among you all. And having Gica helps me think i´m not so crazy;)

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Gica and Rumaniac, Rumaniac and Gica! I love you guys!!!....that's brotherly love, dig? :tongue: :tongue: :happy: :happy:

And to the rest of you Non-Romanians posting here..I think all of us here are honored when you post, even when you have well conceived criticisms :)

What's going on for New Years? Any cool parties?;)

..damn I went crazy with the smiley faces in this post

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Parties hey?...

We could all go crash the Lak Lak Bar? :D

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Happy Holidays.

PS: Do you know what Lak Lak Bar means ?

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Chit chat area. :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts