Xtratime Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fiorentina's Season so far....​

Never have we known an Italian club where the manager's job is so safe, we don't question any of his decisions even if inconsistencies occur. Such has been the tale of Fiorentina at the halfway mark. We started off our campaign with a draw at home to Juve and a loss away to Napoli, we followed that up with being battered 3-0 away to Lazio before the results started to get more consistent. I.e:

1-0 against Bologna, and a 1-0 against Genoa...:D Which was a big win by the way, Genoa are no joke. I'm actually surprised Napoli are above them, but then again they were above us for a while.

As we go into our beautiful Christmas break to gather round and watch English football, in the Christmas spirit, let us recount our league table:

Inter.........42
Juventus....36
Milan.........33
Fiorentina...32
------------------------
Napoli........30
Genoa........29

All teams have played 17 games, so technically we are not halfway through, Inter are winter champions again and Beckham joins Milan in what will hopefully be a regurtitation of interest from the English Media. I have not seen a single game this season. This just adds to the demoralisation of having a dodgy defence and being kicked out of the Champions League on our return. And quite frankly, it feels wrong to watch Spanish football without watching Italian football. We've still got the UEFA Cup. And as Pavel says 'look at it'. Yes Pavel I agree, that's the one we want.

Other than that, I think I'm going to have a good Christmas for once and I hope you do too. Only God knows how far we're going to go....

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Very nicely written, Firenze :thumbsup:
I wish to all of you merry christmas, enjoy and have fun!

PS. Cesare Prandelli oooooooooooooh!! :happy:

·
Registered
717 Posts
Merry Christmas guys. I hope Corvino can have a great Christamas and new year so he thinks about signing a world class CB and sell a couple of players. Pazzo and Semioli are linked with Italian clubs and it wouldn't bother me if they leave for a reasonable price.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts