Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not too many things to post these days except all the transfer rumors which sometimes get out of hand with their creativity, so how about keeping an eye on our guys at the World Cup?:cool:

I believe these are the guys:

Casillas,Hierro,Helguera,Raul,Morientes,Roberto Carlos,Makelele,Zidane,Figo,Geremi.

I believe that's it?Solari and Macca should ahve been there too.:depress:

Anyway, post your reports here on how they're doing , any injury worries,etc.:)

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Raul was involved in a bust up with his fitness coach. Recent comments have played down the whole incident, but still:wth: He has chosen jersey #7, which comes as a big surprise, since he has been wearing the #10 for Spain for the past couple of years.

Solari being ommitted in favor of Gustavo Lopez was in my eyes perhaps the craziest personal decision of this whole World Cup, but the Celta man has redeemed himself in my eyes after playing a superb game v Antlers, and supplying Batistuta with 4 assists.

England now have another midfield problem with standby call in Murphy going out due to injury:eek: The most likely replacement is Steve Dunn, but this has to give some hope to our own McManaman:proud:

Figo is said to be fighting a fitness battle, in order to feature in the World Cup. His first game is on the last day of the "first round games" - 5th of June, giving him some additional time for recuperation.

Scolari has announced his ideal starting 11 for the World Cup. No surprise as Roberto Carlos is included as part of a 5 man defense (although his role for Brazil is even more offensive, so this can be percieved as a 3 man central defense and the two wing backs, he and Cafu, are practically midfielders/wingers). Jersey #6, just like in the previous WC.

Zidane celebrated the birth of his 3rd child, Theo, a couple of days ago. He finally joined the french national team in their preperation for the WC late this week. He has stated that winning the WC again, would cap of an amazing season of personal accomplishments.

Best of luck to all our squad members, and primarily wishes of an injury free world Cup, a very difficult task as Englishmen will tell you:embarass::cry:

·
A por Ellos!
6,895 Posts
who do you guys think from our team in the world cup will shine more?

Is it gonna be Zizou again as he has always done in big occasions, so is it gonna be his magic that seems to be unstoppable and unbelieveble.. Everyday he surprises everyone with more stuff... like no one would have expected him to score twice with his head in the 98 world cup as thats not his strongest ability.. or like the mouthwatering goal against Leverkusen in the CL final with his weaker foot and how better can it be with his right? :eek:

Is it gonna be our indespensible RAUL "EL MAGNIFICO"! Is his intelligent play and his off-ball skills and his tremendous touches will make the fields burst into FIRE! lets wait and see

Is it gonna be our untransferable Roberto Carlos! Are his runs down the left flank and his tremendous powerful shots put all the audience on their tip of their feet!?

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Great idea Shayan :)

I too can't believe how Solari and Macca are not in the WC. Its insane!

Well, i hope Raul finally steps-up :hopeful: i don't think its do or die yet for him because he might be at the right age next time (28), but it would be great to see him bring some club level form to his NT game.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Roberto Carlos having an excellent WC. He deserves it.

Hope Figo is fit! :fero:

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Inter have the highest number of players in the World CUp,with 13 players.We have 10, in second place.

Maybe Macca will close the gap.:hopefull: I can't believe Eriksson overlooking him so often,especially with ENgland's problems on the left.:eekani:

I was thinking of having a poll after the WC on who we thought was the best at the World Cup,but maybe we can also have a poll on wo we think willl have the best World Cup?

Gustavo Lopez had a great game,true, but did you see he was playing on the right?:wth:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
The Merengue said:
...Maybe Macca will close the gap.:hopefull: I can't believe Eriksson overlooking him so often,especially with ENgland's problems on the left...
Considering Macca's age and the fact he isn't the type of left winger Erik wants, it's no surprise at all..

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
NEWS FLASH!

I read the Zizou was injured in a game against the S. Koreans and suffer an upper left thigh muscle strain!

has anyone hear to what the extent of the injury!?!?!
will it keep El Zid out of the world cup??:(

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Re: NEWS FLASH!

Che said:
I read the Zizou was injured in a game against the S. Koreans and suffer an upper left thigh muscle strain!

has anyone hear to what the extent of the injury!?!?!
will it keep El Zid out of the world cup??:(
i just watched the game, at first looked like nothing but Zidane looked at the bench and ask for a replacement, the word from the fox commentators is that ZIDANE is gonna miss the opening game againts Senegal.

one final note> Makelele came into the game real late, cant believe this guy is not in the starting 11,

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
The game was excellent BTW. Korea can go far if they show this kind of spirit, it's no joke:eek:

Makelele made a late appearance, but failed to shine. In fact he did pretty much the exact opposite if you ask me - compared to Petit and Vieira earlier:eek: These two are definite starters, and can't see it changing... Makelele doesn't have that preasance for France I'm afraid. Definitely a quality back-up, but I can't argue with Lemerre's choice of Petit and Vieira ahead of him.
Admittedly this was a very difficult game for the DM's, as Korea really were inspired in the midfield.
As for Zidane, him being out, is probably the biggest personal loss you can imagine. France better pray...

as for Macca, the fact he's not being put on standby, and dorks like Dunn or Sinclair are, proves Eriksson has a problem. IDIOT.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
The main reason Mak is not a starter is that Vieira is the main destroyed, so they need the second DMC to be more then just a "destroyer". Petit is a better midfielder.

Shame really, considering how well Mak played this year. IMO I would play 3 DMCs and limit the likes of Lebouf and Cristinval :rolleyes:

I hope El Zid's injury isn't serious. France are doomed if that happens, they simply have no chance. They even left Carriere back, and Micoud is simply useless :yuck:

On the other hand, i have been having this feeling for a few days that Casillas will have a great World Cup :excited: :hopefull: , don't know why really :eek:

·
Registered
619 Posts
What about the spanish lineup , i hope helguera be in the starting lineup , my choice for spain's Team :

Iker

puyoul Hierro Nadal Romero

Mendieta Helguera Baraja

Valeron

Tristan Raul

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Well, it seems Zidane is defintly out of the first two game, a huge blow for France! :depress:

Lets hope El Zid is fit and ready and France as still alive by the third match. Without ZZ and with Henry playing hurt, France could struggle.

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
well, nothing is definite yet. there is still hope for France and Zidane. Though if he should be out two games...then its going to be pretty tough for France.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
yesterday another merengues scored that's Geremi.seems the sub in club keep good status.another goal against England was from Eto'o. liga bring up for this team. i would say nothing if Spain play ugly against them in the second phase.:(

Mekelele might be Petit or Vieira's sub in franch squad.i dont think Petit covers our guy absulotedly but Lemerre holds the mind.:(

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
laoer said:
yesterday another merengues scored that's Geremi.seems the sub in club keep good status.another goal against England was from Eto'o. liga bring up for this team. i would say nothing if Spain play ugly against them in the second phase.:(
Yeah Kan,

I think Geremi will have an excellent WC. He will play in a position more suited to him and he knows he might be sold, so he wants to get a good offer and some first team football, and Geremi IMO is a very solid player :cool:

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
mahdi said:
What about the spanish lineup , i hope helguera be in the starting lineup , my choice for spain's Team :

Iker

puyoul Hierro Nadal Romero

Mendieta Helguera Baraja

Valeron

Tristan Raul

as i heard from the news to say the spanish predict the lineup like

------ Puyol ------ Hierro ----- Nadal ----- Romero

------ Mendieta -------- Balaja ----- LE21

:eekani:

they forget Helguera! :mad: i dont think Camacho would be silly as much as the lineup.:D

anyway,Helguara should fill in for a sweeper.we are always giveaway on this position.:( to play with Hierro are thought of good choice.

btw,i really dont know why spanish fans not high on the NT topic? is that true the spanish fans only concern the clubs?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
619 Posts
Bad news

Fernando Morientes suffered a right ankle injury in the training , but the team doctor said that it is not serious.

hope he will be ready for the first match.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Well,

Moro isn't likely to be a starter anyway.

His goal-to-cap ratio is actually very impressive so far :)

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Shocking!

Morientes injured again.

I dont think he will ever be 100%
some players are just injury prone.

due to that fact I think his days as the no 9 will be coming to an end:(

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
seems like the forum is a bit quiet these days...

anyhow, i just want to reflect on the spain-paraguay match. what can i say? it was a good performance and all goal-scorers happened to be from real madrid :eek: :D

So far so good..

1 - 20 of 39 Posts