Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
69,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it strikes again, usually though we see it at the induvidual sports though, but they showed the typical weak mentality of Croatian athletes. They didn't even hit the net on any penalty kicks.

Croatia will never win on penalty kicks ever...

·
Registered
10,914 Posts
Naw.

This was a case of Bilic getting too excited, the whole team getting overboard, before the final whistle went. Its very unlucky. That is all. But you have to blame that part on Bilic because there was no reason to get so excited. Its not like you guys played well in XT. He should have just accepted the lead, which you didn't really deserve (how you played in XT), instead he went jumping around like a maniac.

·
Banned
34 Posts
Naw.

This was a case of Bilic getting too excited, the whole team getting overboard, before the final whistle went. Its very unlucky. That is all. But you have to blame that part on Bilic because there was no reason to get so excited. Its not like you guys played well in XT. He should have just accepted the lead, which you didn't really deserve (how you played in XT), instead he went jumping around like a maniac.
woops...this is the last post, sorry. . Until then, God Bless Croatia and God Bless America!!

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
woops...this is the last post, sorry. Fu.ck you. When you get a NT that can play like ours then come and talk. Until then, shove it.
yeah ok, so an Argentine or Brazilian can tell you to fu.ck off for no reason then?

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
Nah man, the team is young and i doubt any of them have ever been in a position that had that much pressure on them. This was Croatia's too lose, Turkey were effectively out!

Your players were mentally destroyed after the equalizer, but i think most teams would have been in the same state.

·
Administrator
53,224 Posts
These were VERY special circumstances HS, so you cant blame them that much.

It was inexperience together with just few minutes ago losing a surefire win in the last second. No time to rebound from it and reshap. Mentally dead and them being so young, have to go up and continue, understandably was a mental block. I dont think its something with them specially, any team or anyone would be gutted as heck in this weird rollercoaster scenario.

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Manijak, we played worse in the first 15 but dominated the second 15. Turkey's ONLY dangerous shot went in, we deserved to win this game but luck would have another way.

I don't know what u were watching.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
it's only natural after recieveing such a shock goal that the players were stunned and not focused while the Turks were on a high.
It would have made no difference how nuch experience the player has.

·
Registered
14,050 Posts
clubs Ajax?[/QUOTE]

What do you mean "us"? With all due respect, who has Serbia EVER beaten? Today was something out of the ordinary and is very hard to take, however, I know we'll bounce back because we always do. It's in our mentality. You guys, for all your talent can't even qualify for tournaments with consistency let alone beat top tier nation regularly so please stop with the "us" and other such comparisons.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
i think it was not a good idea to ask a young guy like modric to take the first penalty...let an experienced player take it...when u miss the first attempt, you would lose a lot of confidence...momentum switched after the equalizer...sadly...

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Believe me, this is not about rubbing it in, but even the great Davor Suker missed a pen (I remember because it was for Arsenal against Galatasaray in the UEFA cup final)

·
Administrator
25,424 Posts
Penalties are about nerves and us giving up that goal in the final seconds ruined our nerves.
thats exactly what happenned, i dont think it had anything to do with a particular player

the turkish comeback was morally devastating for the croatian team, and it would be very hard for any team to overcome the shock in time for the penalties

·
Azerbaijani Eagle
10,025 Posts
overconfidence created misery for croats.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
when u score a goal in the 119th minute, i bet most of the players would relax and would be a bit confident...no one would expect something like that happen...and it is very rare...very...

·
Registered
14 Posts
clubs Ajax?
What do you mean "us"? With all due respect, who has Serbia EVER beaten? Today was something out of the ordinary and is very hard to take, however, I know we'll bounce back because we always do. It's in our mentality. You guys, for all your talent can't even qualify for tournaments with consistency let alone beat top tier nation regularly so please stop with the "us" and other such comparisons.[/QUOTE]

Exactly and I am sick to death of their sh*t here and everywhere else. They are nowhere near the vatreni, as much as they think they are. Results dont lie...KAzakhastan anyone or a few 6-0 losses???? get lost !!!!!!

·
Banned
9,210 Posts
clubs Ajax?
What do you mean "us"? With all due respect, who has Serbia EVER beaten? Today was something out of the ordinary and is very hard to take, however, I know we'll bounce back because we always do. It's in our mentality. You guys, for all your talent can't even qualify for tournaments with consistency let alone beat top tier nation regularly so please stop with the "us" and other such comparisons.[/QUOTE]

It's okay I understand you are a little emotional after what happened today, so i'll forgive you this time but next time i'm going to have to kick your ass for being so irrational.

I'm trying to be nice and dumbasses like you always ruin the mood. Go **** yourself and have a nice day....Topal je dan izadji malo silovac.

·
*the drum drum*
43,003 Posts
I don't think you know just how much mental strength your team showed out there tonight, and this is coming from someone who values the mental aspects of the sport more than your average.

The mentally stronger team didn't win, the team with all the momentum in the world behind them did.

This was as close as football could get to war without turning violent, those players spent so much more energy than is humanly possible, their legs called it quits before extra-time, but they still kept on going and going. Look at Modric's work on the goal, after 119 minutes of painful agony, how many players would've fallen over and lay dead in his position? He fought harder than his body could ever allow him and made a goal out of nothing.

Now that is mental strength in abundance, and on such young shoulders too. Any human being in any walk of life with that much passion and drive is going to make something massive out of themselves.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts