Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am not really a Lazio fan, however I love Mendieta's style of play. I was wondering how you evaluate his performance in Lazio (I'd assume not good!). Why wasn't he successful in Italy? Have you got any news from him regarding next season? I've heard that he may come back to Spain and play for Atletico Madrid. I hope he gets picked up in Spain squad for the upcoming world cup and shines...

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i think he had a lot of expectations on his shoulders, and when he was played, the style of play wasn't suited for him.

at valencia, he played kind of on teh right upfront where at lazio, he was used more in the middle.

i think he should be played where he was at valencia, then he could be one of teh worlds best again.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Mendieta has certainly not been good for Lazio this season, which saddens me, but I think that was really the only thing that could happen due to various reasons.

Mendieta had been in Valencia a very long time so it was obviously hard for him to leave them team and begin a new adventure in a new country. He was used to the way Valencia played and he was used to the Spanish league. Serie A is much different from La Liga. A player like Mendieta needs time and space to shine, something there isn't in Italy. Tackles are right there once you receive the ball.

Also, he was bought as a replacemnet for Veron, carrying huge expectations which would intimmidate anyone. Last but not least: Mendieta never really wanted to come to Lazio. He was all set for Madrid, but Lazio paid the money and we got a depressed Spanish star who never really wanted to play for the club. That's of no good to anyone.

I think Mendieta's future lies away from Rome and I'll wish him good luck.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
X-Ray, actually Camacho has included him in the Spanish squad for the WC this summer. Hopefully, he'll do well and regain his confidence.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Mendieta said:
X-Ray, actually Camacho has included him in the Spanish squad for the WC this summer. Hopefully, he'll do well and regain his confidence.
X-Ray this is your response from Menieta himself

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
yes we should be privaliged to have the famous Gaizka here with us.

Lets hold a press conference :D

hey mendieta, u wanna loan me 10 bucks, i need a pack of ****!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts