Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mendieta !!!!

gaizka mendieta.....player of midlesbrough is back !!!

today i saw such performance from him against arsenal....it looked like the old gold valencia days....running,defending, such crossing, amazing passing, fighting, everything !! only look at the arsenal 1st goal and look at the pass from mendi to zended....... super !

it is not only today against aresenal also all season...he look like he gets confidence back after bad matches in lazio and barcelona........ i am very very happy to see this player play like old because the mendieta of valencia was just great player to watch and enjoy !!

is there a chance he could be back with spain national team for the euro????

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Max Depor said:
is there a chance he could be back with spain national team for the euro????
I didn't have the chance to see him this season, but it seems he's playing well. The fact of playing in a small in (Boro) won't help him much. Let's see the next Sáez's lists.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Saez has very clear the right wing position, he´ll go with Etxeberria and Joaquin. He would only have chances if any of them have problems, for example right now Etxebe is a bit out of form so Gaizka could have an opportunity (fighting with Victor for the place) but as long as Etxebe recovers it he will go. Only if we see the best Mendieta again the 3 of them could go to Portugal.

·
40,147 Posts
Txupa said:
Saez has very clear the right wing position, he´ll go with Etxeberria and Joaquin. He would only have chances if any of them have problems, for example right now Etxebe is a bit out of form so Gaizka could have an opportunity (fighting with Victor for the place) but as long as Etxebe recovers it he will go. Only if we see the best Mendieta again the 3 of them could go to Portugal.
Etexbe and Joaquin play in the right wing, Mendieta could also play as central midfielder and I think he feels more comfortable there. Anyway, he doesn't play in the NT since long ago.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Etexbe and Joaquin play in the right wing, Mendieta could also play as central midfielder and I think he feels more comfortable there. Anyway, he doesn't play in the NT since long ago.
I´m not sure but I think he´s playing on the right in Boro. I don´t think Saez will call him to play in a different position as in his club, even more thinking on Baraja, Albelda, Xabi Alonso, Xavi, Sergio...or even Arteta, Orbaiz, Gurpegi or Arzu, you know Saez likes to call young players.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Mendieta has been decent this year but not amazing ,i don't think he is good enough for your NT,it doesn't help him playing in a rather dull side though,Juninho is the stand out player in that side but they have no decent forwards for Mendy to feed.

i think you have more in form CMs and RWs ;)

·
40,147 Posts
Txupa said:
I´m not sure but I think he´s playing on the right in Boro. I don´t think Saez will call him to play in a different position as in his club, even more thinking on Baraja, Albelda, Xabi Alonso, Xavi, Sergio...or even Arteta, Orbaiz, Gurpegi or Arzu, you know Saez likes to call young players.
... Iniesta? If he has the chance to play in Barcelona during this months and knowing Sáez taste for the young players, who knows? Reyes and Torres are already in the NT and they are of the same generation.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Yes sorry, I forgot about Iniesta. Although he is playing more in Valerón´s role in Barça, right?

·
40,147 Posts
Txupa said:
Yes sorry, I forgot about Iniesta. Although he is playing more in Valerón´s role in Barça, right?
That's true... and Sáez used to make him play there too. Although I think he prefers to play as a Guardiola.

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
In his prime he was one of the best midfielders in the world. When he was with Valencia of course. Too bad he went to Serie A:depress:

Unfortunately I don't see him being successfull with La Seleccion again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts