Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
©
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the year is almost finished, some sooner than others, I thought we could share our best Croatian sporting moments of the year..

I will post more later but the biggest and best for me was the handball team winning gold at the Olympics. Just a great team who played with heart the whole time..

Happy New year to everybody and stay safe.

·
Registered
69,531 Posts
Our success in the Olympics
Ancic's great run in Wimbledon was great, he made it to the semi finals only losing to Roddick.
All the fun we had with Otto Baric during qualifiers and Euro 2004 :D

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Handball team as the best memory, and Euro2004 as the worst(idiotto)!!!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Mario Ancic at Wimbledon, he put Croatian tennis back on the map.

·
©
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The problem is he proceeded to go missing after that apart from the Olypmics doubles with Ljubicic.

Not convinced with Ancic yet.

·
Registered
332 Posts
dinamovac11 said:
The problem is he proceeded to go missing after that apart from the Olypmics doubles with Ljubicic.

Not convinced with Ancic yet.

Mario got injured, and only won 4 matches i believe after his amazing run at Wimbledon.

Also, Mario just injured himself again, twisting his ankle in training for the ATP tournament to be held in Adelaide. I was looking forward to seeing him play, but he has to go and do this!!!

Hopefully he will be fine for the Australian Open.

My pick at the Open for the Croats is Ljubicic, i think he will do the best out of the lot. Mario always does pretty well at the Open, but Ljubicic is superior on hard courts.

M

·
0 Posts
Mario Ancic look like Goran Ivanisevic, also they have a vary similar style of play,both are very long with a powerful serve. Ancic should have beat Roddick but would have lose against the amazing Roger in the final anyway.. I'm sure that Ancic will win Wimbeldon in 5 years time.

PS! all the croatian players have a very similar style of play,Ljubicic,Ancic,Ivanisevic and Ivo Karlovic.

·
Registered
69,531 Posts
yeah all of them have big serves.
Karolina Sprem somewhat disapointed me, she had a great Wimbledone (beat one of the Williams sisters) but after that she wasn't heard of again.

U

·
0 Posts
Croatia are a very good tennis and handball nation!!! also you can play some good soccer :smileani:

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Croatia kicks ass in sports in general ! Everything we play, we were or are near the top..

M

·
0 Posts
Ero said:
Croatia kicks ass in sports in general ! Everything we play, we were or are near the top..
Careful with the words ero :smileani: Croatia have a very good handball NT but you are far away from the top in Kosarka,Odbojka,Nogomet and Vaterpolo :nasty: .

·
Registered
332 Posts
MakLion said:
Careful with the words ero :smileani: Croatia have a very good handball NT but you are far away from the top in Kosarka,Odbojka,Nogomet and Vaterpolo :nasty: .
is said WERE, and we were in Nogomet for sure.

·
Banned
12,611 Posts
Sada kad je Rudić postao trener reprezentacije,biti ćemo prvaci svijeta.:thmbup:

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
MakLion said:

read my post again

"we were or are near the top.."

proofreading man, this way you look like a donkey :)

Besides, we were at the top of the world in Basketball, waterpolo, football...we hardly play volleyball in Croatia.

We've also had tenis champions, mens and womens, Mavrovic fought Lewis for 12 rounds for the heavyweight championship of the world, Cro -cop, the olympic medals etc. etc.

It's good to be cro :)

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Ponosna moja je zemlja hercegovina !
Hrvatska gruda nam sveta vec tisuc' ljeta

:)

M

·
0 Posts
Ero you are from Bosna so way act like you are from Croatia?? this way you will look like a donkey :D !

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
maklion,

Surely you know the difference between Bosna and Hercegovina..but you've demonstrated that you

a) comment on posts when you haven't even read them
b) can't differentiate between Bosnia and Hercegovina (the "and" kind of gives it away)

so who's the donkey son ;)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.