Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I make a thread about people's most memorable games. Personally I remember very vaguely game between Besiktas and Valencia. I was very young about 11 (I can't remember the exact year). Game was in Inonu, and it was UEFA Cup round 3 from what I can remember. Besiktas was wearing red uniforms that day and I'm quite sure it was the return leg. We had lost 3-1 I believe in Valencia and I think Oktay had scored our only goal.

Well the game started and we went up 3-0 very quickly. At that point in moment of joy I started crying (the only game I cried for). Little did I know Valencia would eventually tie the game 3-3. God I felt terrible by the end, I had cried for nothing :embarass:. I am not sure if the game ended 3-3 or Valencia won in the end but we got knocked off by them but it was a pretty good European outing for those times.

Anyway this game is memorable for me because I remember me crying and amuses me. So what are yours?

PS: Details of the story might not be correct, so ignore the mistakes

·
Registered
112 Posts
definitely Chelsea - BJK @ Stamford Bridge.

and of course the 3-4 derby @ Kadikoy.. amazing game.. best ever derby for mine.

·
Master Debater
21,116 Posts
My most memorable game was probably the return leg against Chelsea after we beat them in stamford bridge.

We needed one more goal to advance out of the group and Sinan Kaloglu in around the 70th minute sent a rocket that skimmed the top of the post.

If I remember correctly we still had a chance to go through after the game but Slavia Prague scored against Lazio in the 93rd minute that day to knock us out. I don't remember ever being that sad about a football game.

If either Sinan had put that ball into the net against chelsea or prague didn't score in the 93rd minute we would have advanced which would have changed everything. Zaten it was shortly after that, that our team collapsed if i remember correctly. Who knows if we had advanced perhaps Luce would still be our coach.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well those games are definately big games which I am embarrased to say I missed. I was away from Besiktas between 1999 and 2006 so I missed a big gap. I've filled the gap by watching videos and stuff on the internet but its not the same as being involved while its going on.

·
Master Debater
21,116 Posts
Well those games are definately big games which I am embarrased to say I missed. I was away from Besiktas between 1999 and 2006 so I missed a big gap. I've filled the gap by watching videos and stuff on the internet but its not the same as being involved while its going on.
Our team that season was sooooo solid. 10x better than our team now.

Going into European competition around that time most fans never had any fear. Even playing big teams like Chelsea we always knew our team was going to give them a fight. My have things changed. :moan:

·
Registered
9,078 Posts
the two matches that come to mind are 2-0 at Stamford bridge
and of course Besiktas 4 - 3 Fenerbahce

that match carried so many mixed emotions and I was ecstatic when we won it in the end
I was watching it at Soner's house actually, and i ended up breaking his couch :D

the second leg against chelsea at Inonu, I remember very clearly as well, I remember going to class just before the match ended, knowing we had lost but also knowing that we had advanced into the next phase,
I come home from school, and to my shock Lazio ****ed us in extra time :(
sad day,

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Besiktas's first goal against Valencia that day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dteRfHeZyNk
Sifo Mehmet's (goal called offside)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdSSdNfORLA&NR=1

Now you can see why I cried the damn announcer is crying too hahahah.
I just found out the game was in 96-97 season so I was 12 good estimation :D.

Also, comment from the video:
96-97 sezonu kupagalipleri kupasi. besiktas ilk maci deplasmanda 3-1 kaybetmis, amokachi'nin kale dibinden kacirdigi gol cok konusulmustu. o seneki kadro da efsaneydi: sergen henuz istanbulspor'a gitmemis, mehmet, oktay, amokachi, yankov, alpay, (kucuk) ali, recep ve kalede mrmic... en zayif halka sag kanat erkan. solda serdar.

I remember Amokachi missing that goal. That really was an amazing game.

·
minasstr f posterior
10,246 Posts
the two matches that come to mind are 2-0 at Stamford bridge
and of course Besiktas 4 - 3 Fenerbahce

that match carried so many mixed emotions and I was ecstatic when we won it in the end
I was watching it at Soner's house actually, and i ended up breaking his couch :D

the second leg against chelsea at Inonu, I remember very clearly as well, I remember going to class just before the match ended, knowing we had lost but also knowing that we had advanced into the next phase,
I come home from school, and to my shock Lazio ****ed us in extra time :(
sad day,

i dnt thnk u remember very clearly coz dat game wasnt played at inonu :nono:

wat happnd with u is lolworthy though :D

rastgele i get dat ur name meanz random butt wat did da cdn part mean? :nerd:

i mst also add that while u did do well in ucl u played sum memorable games in da uefa cup da previous year as well :thumbsup:

·
******!
3,187 Posts
I was little but still thanks to the interwebz could keep up with BJK, so yeh us at Stamford Bridge. Haven't rly cared as much about soccer since 2004 thanks to Demiroren's bs. Wish we had an equivalent to Alex @ FB, a real franchise player would be great but the ogre sold them all off.

·
Master Debater
21,116 Posts
My most memorable BJK game was the first one I attended in person. I think it was the 2001 season where BJK beat Kocaeli spor with a late Ilhan Mansiz goal. The crowd went nuts and the stadium started to shake.

My second biggest BJK moment was the Chelsea away game with fat and aging Sergen turning into maradona for 10 minutes.

Third was the Fener game where Koray hit the winner.

·
Registered
9,078 Posts
i dnt thnk u remember very clearly coz dat game wasnt played at inonu :nono:

wat happnd with u is lolworthy though :D

rastgele i get dat ur name meanz random butt wat did da cdn part mean? :nerd:

i mst also add that while u did do well in ucl u played sum memorable games in da uefa cup da previous year as well :thumbsup:
Fats, I love it when you post, gives me a chance to ogle your avatar for a bit. But that second leg was def in Istanbul.

Anyway how sad is it we only have a handful of memorable matches.

·
Master Debater
21,116 Posts
Unfortunately BJK is not the same team, nor are they the same organization that they used to be.

Yildirim Demironen completely destroyed everything.

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
Now he destroys TFF.

Wysyłane z mojego HUAWEI U8815 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

·
Master Debater
21,116 Posts
They should just send him to work for Assad in Syria. The regime will fall in no time.

·
minasstr f posterior
10,246 Posts
Fats, I love it when you post, gives me a chance to ogle your avatar for a bit. But that second leg was def in Istanbul.

Anyway how sad is it we only have a handful of memorable matches.

:D

olryt thnk a little harder ............ bomb blastz in istanbul ......... uefa get their undiez in a knot nd also wet em nd move da games outta turkey ...... galatasaray go 2 dortmund 2 play juventus nd beat em 2-0 [4th or 5th dec iirc] .. berkant playd dat game :proud:

den bjk play chelski in schalke or hamburg i thnk [hmmm strange iv forgottn witch of those cities :(] ............. lucescu evn blamed nt playin at da inonu fr losing 2 chelski

do u memba nw ?

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
For me its the 1-0 game against Gs at home when we became champions. We won a derby, kicked a rival from the Championship race and bacme champions. Can it get better? :yess:

3-4 against FB, 0-2 against Chelsa, 0-1 against Man Utd and 3-1 against Barcelona is other games.

Too bad i couldnt Watch 4-1 and 5-0 against Fener early 90s....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts