3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many members does Real Madrid have? thanks

·
Go for 400, Raúl!
2,008 Posts
zyad said:
What a small club... :D
Considering that the waiting list lasts for more than two years in average, I would be a bit more careful before talking

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
Gwydno said:
Considering that the waiting list lasts for more than two years in average, I would be a bit more careful before talking
TINY club!!! :tongue: ;)

·
Registered
99 Posts
85k-90k members

·
Registered
16 Posts
and more then 100 Million fans around the world..as you know Spanish people got 20 clubs so normally people are divided between the big 10/12 clubs...Catalans got only one so normally you have more Smarty...!!!
and your talking about Members not fans..they will open the door for the list once the sport Complex outside Madrid is finished

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Actually Catalans have quite a few clubs ;)

·
Registered
672 Posts
El Fenómeno said:
Very close to 70,000.

The current figure stands at just over 69,000.
Yes, and I believe that they are not taking new ones before an old one resigns or dies. That is because I'm pretty sure that every socio has a right to have a season card at the Bernabéu and we all know that the stadium only takes little more than 74 000 spectators.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
beast-of-madrid said:
and more then 100 Million fans around the world..as you know Spanish people got 20 clubs so normally people are divided between the big 10/12 clubs...Catalans got only one so normally you have more Smarty...!!!
and your talking about Members not fans..they will open the door for the list once the sport Complex outside Madrid is finished
Only one? What about Espanyol, Terrassa, Nàstic, Sabadell, Lleida, Gramanet,...

Yes, we're talking about members, but which is the relationship between the Sport Complex and being member? I don't get it.

·
40,147 Posts
Gwydno said:
Indeed... because we're talking about members, not ticket holders. bustafunk is right, because as long as Marca says, Real Madrid has 85,000 socios (members) and 65,000 ticket holders (abonados). This list that you say, it's the ticket holder list. Obviously, the Bernabeu can only host 75,000 people and you have to set a limit for season tickets. It happens in Barcelona too, we have 89,500 ticket holders and also a big waiting list.

On the other hand, you don't need to have a limit to be a member (socio). You can join whenever you want, BUT it doesn't mean that you have a reserved seat for you. That's only for the ticket holders. The members have other advantages, but not a season ticket. There isn't any limit to be member.

·
40,147 Posts
_Barcino_ said:
Barça has 128.000 members and 89.500 ticket holders.
Madrid has 85.000 members and 65.000 ticket holders.

Considering the last years performances of one and another is quite surprising.
Not really. As you know, Real Madrid has more fans in Spain than anyone else, but the commitment of the Barça fans is bigger. Besides, Barça is a kind of NT for Catalunya, while Real Madrid doesn't have such a strong link with its community.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Not really. As you know, Real Madrid has more fans in Spain than anyone else, but the commitment of the Barça fans is bigger. Besides, Barça is a kind of NT for Catalunya, while Real Madrid doesn't have such a strong link with its community.
i'd have to agree with him... madrid fans are not committed to their players.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts