Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Thought Criminal
14,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
35k tickets already sold. Should be quite a spectacle.

I say Victory to do it in penalties. They are bringing in the lower level stands closer to the pitch.

·
Registered
28,215 Posts
Cagey match so far, Melbourne trying to make things happen but having problems with Sydney's narrow midfield so far. Few half chances but two moments stood out for me, Kisel's outside of the foot through ball to Payne who's has no clue i might add and Hernandez flick to set Ward clear on the right flank.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
its so violent, this is ridiculous. some of the most stupid tackles i have seen, its unbelievable really.

one clear chance that was it.

no midfield to speak of in both teams. there is no such thing as 'plays'. no build up play at all.

·
Registered
28,215 Posts
Spot on mate, but that's A League for you, there's not much quality.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
poor simon hill, hes trying his hardest to drum up excitement, but he cant muster up enough bullshit to feed us.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
ok better start to teh second half...

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

nice. 1-0 to sydney.

melbourne, idiotic.

·
*the drum drum*
42,862 Posts
You have got to love that.

Believe me, I'd probably rather Melbourne win it, but that for me is football. Disallowed at one end, then straight up the other and it's 1-0. 100% correct decision too.

·
*the drum drum*
42,862 Posts
I wasn't impressed with the way Sydney went out, they were sitting far too deep and the gap between midfield and the forwards was alarming at best.

But now at 1-0, this plays right into their hands. If they can work back and hit forward at pace, they'll wrap this one up in the next 10 minutes.

All of that said, Colosimo should be off.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
the gap was disgusting mate, not alarming. it was just something professional football teams do not do. 50 yards atleast between defence and attack.

ok now theyve scored, like you said they can wrap it up. but all i see are backward passes.

play it through the centre, let the guy in the middle move it around, gives you possession, gives you better options, its just tactically smarter.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
muscat is such a dirty disgusting cvnt of a person.

im glad hes gonna retire, makes the league a shithole.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
1-1.

leijer header.

sydney did exactly what we said they shouldnt do. and look what happens!

·
Registered
28,215 Posts
Undeserved by Sydney but ah well it's a one off game and anyone can win.

·
*the drum drum*
42,862 Posts
Undeserved but really, reflecting on it I think it's the right result.

I wouldn't want one team winning 3 of 5 editions of the league, even if deserved. This makes it more competitive going forward, and rewards Sydney FC for thinking outside of the box (and it's borders, what the **** is Kosmina?!).

I'm all for development of the league and the sport, can't wait for Melbourne Heart and Sydney (whatsit...Rovers?).

·
Registered
28,215 Posts
Second time Sydney win the title with a FOREIGN coach.

Australian coaches are woeful in general. Vidmar and Kosmina would have to be the two worst ever and just piles of crap too. Postecoglou, another potato of a coach.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
comeon guys, its not like melbourne had 70 shots on goal, and 35 of them hit the post. they maybe had the ball in the second half (i wouldnt call it possession, coz it wasnt aht for sure), but they did nothing. a header glanced wide here, another offside call.

if it was upto me i would keep the trophy, but sydney won in the end.

though some of the tackles pissed me right off. we cant descend into this sort of stupidity, its bad for the sport. id have comfortably and willingly sent off atleast 4 players if i was the ref. though that just ruins the game. its about what happens throughout the season and they know they can get away with it which is the problem.

·
Registered
28,215 Posts
It wasn't like Melbourne totally dominated the match but they certainly tried to play more football. As for the tackling well...

I think the referee was told to keep his cards in the pocket especially with the history of red cards in prior Grand Finals. He could have sent off so many players but it was evident they didn't want to ruin the spectacle.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts