Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
49,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so basically everybody expects Nõmme Kalju to win it...would be their first ever title. pretty impressive considering they were a no-name 4th division side in 2004 and made it to the Meistriliiga first time in 2008. it shows how far even a small club can go thanks to the entusiasm of a few dedicated people and marketing geniuses.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes you can stand alone in the middle of a snowstorm in early April and watch two amateur sides stumbling over each other on a frozen pitch playing "Premier League" football...only in Estonia!!! :D

·
1st Tier Poster
49,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok to think about it this might also be possible in Greenland...although apparently their league actually gets much higher attendances despite not belonging to FIFA or having real grass pitches :palm:

bigsoccer has a 13-page thread about Greenland league lol

·
Registered
42,711 Posts
What do you know. I love wintry conditions too. People talk about visiting Italy to see San Siro or Spain for the Nou Camp but honestly I'm more intrigued in visiting Estonia to attend a Meistriliiga match.

·
Registered
42,711 Posts
ok to think about it this might also be possible in Greenland...although apparently their league actually gets much higher attendances despite not belonging to FIFA or having real grass pitches :palm:

bigsoccer has a 13-page thread about Greenland league lol
bigsoccer is curious like that. They have massive threads dedicated to football in Myanmar, Nepal, Afghanistan, Vietnam, etc.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What do you know. I love wintry conditions too. People talk about visiting Italy to see San Siro or Spain for the Nou Camp but honestly I'm more intrigued in visiting Estonia to attend a Meistriliiga match.
DO IT...maybe you'd even get media attention, an article or news clip about somebody crazy enough to come here from the other side of the world only to watch a league match. :thmbup:

·
1st Tier Poster
49,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've read some works from them but not much.

Kross was a very strong historical novel writer...good enough to be considered a possible Nobel prize candidate. Kaplinski is mostly a poet/translator/essay writer/cultural commentator although he has written some novels too. There was a movie about him done recently by some French documentary maker, I'm planning to see it this week.

·
Registered
42,711 Posts
Returning to my beloved Meistriliiga, then.

There was a big game game played on the weekend between Flora and Kalju and the team who'll win the league, Kalju, took the match 2-0. Where's the suspense?

Levadia were almost upset against Kalev but very late in the game they pulled back two goals to take it 1-2.

Levadia's winner was scored by the Japanese player Mitsuyama.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Club , what has been last 10 ten years stable in first 3-Narva Trans, is now on last position in Estonia league:) One point and 3 goals

1 - 20 of 60 Posts