Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been some news that Irish Rep coach may become the coach of Portugal. Personally I don't want to see him there. I would like to see maybe Humberto Coehlo at least he knows how to choose the team and was successful at Euro 2000:howler:

G

·
He is a fantastic coach. Look at Ireland they have not as many world class players as we have but they well at the WC. I personaly dont like him but he is a good coach!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
please take him!

btw the use of the phrase "world class player" is greatly overused and used incorrectly. Most teams did'nt have any in the world cup including Portugal. International class players yes, World Class no.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
I have lost confidence in Portuguese coaches. Way too many biases if you ask me.

McCarthy is a proven success so I would be happy about this.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Badge said:
please take him!

Is this a "Please take him!" he sucks, we don't need him? Or is it a "Please take him!" you desperately need a coach like him who'll make your squad better?

You being English n' all, we could use your insight.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
please take him he's tactically short, and we would have done better than we did with a top notch coach. Mind you he's a lucky coach which could suit you Spaniards.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Badge said:
please take him he's tactically short, and we would have done better than we did with a top notch coach. Mind you he's a lucky coach which could suit you Spaniards.
We're not exactly SPANISH... Either way I feel he shouldnt be with us because we beat Ireland 2-1 so I think he would be a step down, I think Korea's coach suits us better. Or else Pacecho would do.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
"We're not exactly SPANISH... "

<sits back and admires a jobe well done>

when did you beat us 2-1 then????

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Well, we did beat ye 3-2 back in the Euro... of, sorry. That were the real English.

Leave the amateurs alone, Badge.

Now tell me watcha mean about being tactically short - seems to me had ye Brits not grossly missed yer penalties ye might have made the Quarters. Surely, you don't fault yer coach fer that?!?

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
How dare you insult us, you fake Englishmen. Now back to the topic. I actually now believe that it would be good to pick him up. Our recent NT coaches have been all about money and politics. What we need is a coach that is all about winning a major tournament such as Euro & WC.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Pila...this is just toooo easy!! fake englishman, I love that. Anyway yez are yanks not spaniards. Cant pull the wool over my Irish eyes. (runs for cover...)

As for the penalties a couple of points:

1 **** did'nt have any penalty practise in training (something Big Jack always did , bless him)

2 He did'nt even have a chat with the guys before the shoot out.

Also in extra time spain had only 10 men one of whom was also injured (Enrique) and became a lame duck up front on his own. **** kept the same 4-4-2 formation??!!!??

Dont get me wrong I'm not anti-**** at all (met the guy once in quiet pub on a sunday nght and he was an absolute gent), I just think he's a little short if you're looking for a cup winning international team.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
"Never believe anything you read in The Sun "

should read

"Never read The Sun"

cos of what they wrote after Hillsborough.

Anyway...the managerial merry go round looks like the following:

Martin O'Neill to Leeds (he's in Dublin now probably handing in his resignation to Dermo Desmond)

**** McCarthy to the Celts

And ??? to Ireland. We'ld take your ex coach only he was'nt very nice to us when he was here last year!

I dunno, Terry Venable could be the man even if he is a 3 lions on the shirt sort of fella. Us Irish love a rogue and God knows, Venables is one.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Badge said:
"Never believe anything you read in The Sun "

should read

"Never read The Sun"

cos of what they wrote after Hillsborough.

point taken.
:)

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Badge said:

And ??? to Ireland. We'ld take your ex coach only he was'nt very nice to us when he was here last year!

You mean you want Oliveira?

Please take him! And that's a "Please take him" he's a genius. I'm sure he didn't mean what he said about the bathrooms in Dublin, some of them do have running water.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts