Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.football365.com/All_News/International_News/Republic_Ireland_News/story_32694.shtml

Feck's sake, what was he hoping to achieve, by playing with a crocked knee and jeapordising the team's chances? And lying to McCarthy, who's given him no end of chances at international level when he coiuldn't get a start for his club. What a wanker, and crying like a little girl when he didn't get to play the next match... team spirit and fighter's mentality me arse!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
the lying bit was bogey all right but the dummy spittin after not being picked is probably natural and goes on in every team. Only difference is that he's doing a diary in the Sunday Indo. Anyway this story may prove to be Dunphy's last comment on RTE after he turned up for the analysis of the Japan Russia game out of his bin and as red carded before half time!

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The question is : does RTE need Dunphy more than Ireland needs Roy Keane?

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Hmmm delicate subject. :rolleyes:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Jason McAteer Considers International Retirement
News Archive

McAteer could retire from international football after the WC (Allsport)
06/14/2002. Jason McAteer says that he could retire from international football after the World Cup in order to prolong his domestic career.

The Irish midfielder feels that he has been collecting injuries too easily of late and that perhaps needs to limit his activities.

He said, "I'm at the stage of my career when you start to think about it. I know 31 sounds young but I've noticed I've been picking up injuries easier the last couple of years. This would help my club career. I've got a great move with Sunderland. A great manager in Peter Reid who I class as a friend as well. It would be sad to get an injury and stop playing for him."

soccerage

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
McAteer Urged To Continue With International Football
News Archive

McAteer had only brief chances at the WC (Allsport)
06/18/2002. Ireland boss **** McCarthy is hoping that Jason McAteer does not quit international football, claiming that the Sunderland midfielder is too young.

During the World Cup, the 31-year old hinted that he may hang up his Irish boots after they were eliminated, however with Niall Quinn, Alan Kelly and Steve Staunton already out of the international scene, McCarthy hopes that McAteer will stay.

He said, "I would sincerely hope Jason is not going to retire. He is 31 and has still got plenty to offer. If you see what Stan, Niall and Alan have achieved until the ripe old age of 36 then I think it is foolish for anybody to retire too early. All three have made a huge contribution to football and to Irish football in particular."

soccerage :confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts