Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weeks back he was heading for Anderlecht or so the media claimed. Today it is said he's almost certainly going to Brugge. Brugge wants a replacer for Mendoza and the Mouscron is degryse's first choice. Mouscron is ready to sell not only because they need money for new transfers but also because Mbo is getting an incredible netto wage of 450.000 euro per season. :eek:

Personally I hope he goes to Brugge. I have serious doubts that Mbo M'penza just isn't good enough to play a leading role in a topclub. Stariing in a subtop team that is completely focussed on you is easier than leading a real topclub where you've got to dit alone.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Hold on a second! 'Degryse's first choice'?... Does this mean that it's a certainty Degryse is to replace Trond Sollied? Is anything signed or was his name just whispered with intensity?

2nd paragraph smells bitterness, Geert. ;)

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Degryse as technical manager is the one who leads to buying of new players.

No not at all. I wasn't keen on him comming to Anderlecht from the beginning. I had some posts on that on the RSCA-forum a while back.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I don't want to see him at Anderlecht either. I agree with Geert that he probably isn't good enough for a topteam. Also, he's not an Anderlecht type of player.

At Brugge he might succede in Sollieds system. In any case it would be wierd to see him in Black and Blue :tongue:

You guys think Anderlecht needs a replacement if Aruna leaves? I think it would be best to buy someone because I don't see Mornar staying and an attack consisting of Jestro, Jachtoek, Mac Donald ( and Seol) doesn't seem sufficient (and highly injuryprone:D). Zane simply ain't good enough. Also Wilhelmsson won't do as an attacker like some like to believe. Besides he kicks ass on the right wing position.

I can't think of any new names to be honnest. Atleast not in Belgium. Maybe it's time to do some scouting during the upcoming Africa-cup.

ADRIAAN
_______

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
btw if Mendoza leaves and Mbo comes then Brugge has no left-footed striker except for Saeterness and Sollied can say what he wants Bengts isn't a player for the flank.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Obviously, I cannot let this go by without throwing in my 2 cents. ;)

First on Degryse: yes, he has a major function now, but most things still go past Vanhove, so I don't see the club buying someone now without his consent. However, for a lot of fans it will be Degryses fault it the transfer turns out bad.

As for Mbo: generally, I certainly consider him a good buy. I'm not so sure about Europe, but in the national league, he will certainly do a good job for us. There are, however, 2 reasons for me to be not totally overenthusianstic: 1) as said, Mbo Mpenza is a player for the center or the right wing. On the left... I'm not so sure, at least not in Sollieds system. On the other hand, he hasn't been hanging on to the system as hard as he did in the past, maybe small adaptions can be made for Mbo. 2) With 2 teams bidding against each other for Mpenza, the eventual buyer could very well come to lay down more for Mbo then he is actually worth.

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yesterday it was close, Anderlecht almost signed him. Our only hope now is that Galatasaray stepts it foot down and insist on that 25% they have the right too. Because I seriously can't see what Mbo, who won't come for free, can add to our team.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
So he has been signed. So will he bring some extra depth to the squad or will he replace Aruna or Chippe, cause I can't see him playing together with Aruna upfront. You'll miss a targetman then.

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
chivu said:
cause I can't see him playing together with Aruna upfront. You'll miss a targetman then.

I know :rolleyes: and you're absolutely right still guess who in teh mastermind of Broos will form next years duo upfront?

Jestrovic will most probably leave. They only need a team to pay 3 mill. euro.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Yup, Mbo has signed.
And contrary to what might say, I think he's an excellent signing.
Technically a good player (allthough I agree maybe he could use a bit more flair), very strong and fast.
I'd be very suprised if he wouldn't score at least 20 goals next season.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I have my doubts about this transfer to be honest. And indeed, this means Jestrovic will most likely leave, as we won’t pay Mbo (or Jestrovic) a wage of 700 000 euro to sit on the bench. I would rather have liked to see Jestrovic leave after a normal full season, as we would get a lot more than 3 million euros for him that way, but well, at least Anderlecht was able cut of a lot from the original asking price of Mbo.

In the meanwhile Eliakwu seems to come closer to Anderlecht every day. Anybody knows what kind of player he actually is? We could use an (extra) target man, but he seems more like a Martins-type from what I’ve heard.

Welcome back by the way Kampfschwein :party: :)

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Admiral said:
Welcome back by the way Kampfschwein :party: :)
BTW: thanx man, I was acting like kind of a drama queen I figured they'd were going to ban me for a longer time, but hey I could never leave this place. :thmbup: :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts