Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
can anyone tell me more about Maximiliano Rodriguez from Newell's Old Boys ?
What kind of player is he ? I heard that he is playing winger, is he also capable of playing in a central midfield position ?
How would you rate him in comparison with other players from the argentine U20 World Champion team, is he already good enough to play in europe ?

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey, no one here who can tell me more about Maxi ??

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Rodriguez's natural position is as central or right sided midfielder. He also can play as a right winger.

He was very impressive in last year's World Youth Cup where he was a key player for Argentina. Rodriguez continues to impress at club level for Newell's. Last season he scored 8 goals in 18 matches for Newell's and performed consistently well.

Rodriguez is still developing his game but he is showing all the signs of a potentially great player. He is a smart player that is unselfish on the ball. His vision is really quite developed already as he seems very mature for a player his age. He knows how to create and finish opportunities. Unquestionably he's a good passer and dribbler. He's also very good at long range set pieces. He may need one more season in Argentina but he is certainly good enough to play in Europe. A number of Euro clubs have been monitoring his progress very carefully.

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can anyone tell me, to which european clubs Maxi is already linked ??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts