·
Registered
2,897 Posts
he did a good job

barca looked a lot better w/ him on the pitch

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
... and he danced like a "gallina", dedicating his first goal in Europe to the people of River. I've heard him saying that he did so, because he's thankful to his ex-club.

I guess that you can find the video of the goal and the cellebration in the Barça forum. I'm happy for him, he got the first cover of a sports newspaper in Spain in a magical night.

Here's the cover and the cellebration of the "gallina"

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
He scored a goal and assisted the other. People thought that he intended to shoot on the goal but he was looking at Eto before he made that sweeping beautiful pass. Watta I love about him is his confidence and desire, Barca did a good job signing him.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Great work Maxi!!! :thumbsup:

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,483 Posts
PMLF said:
I've never liked him at River. He used to miss too many easy chances... :thmbdown:

He was GREAT then ...he will be GREAT now ... Too bad he went to play at the wrong team in Spain ... :yuck:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
PMLF said:
I've never liked him at River. He used to miss too many easy chances... :thmbdown:
That's what I always thought, that he was just hustle, and that players like Cavenaghi were better than him. Oh well...

Whatever happened to Cavenaghi anyway? Where is he now?

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
PMLF said:
He rarely played at River. He only became the 1st option because of Salas' injury. Amamzing how you got to judge him when chances are you never saw him start a match while in River.

He's a prodigy that left too soon.

·
Registered
558 Posts
good article bit i'd still have cavenaghi on my team hands down. In Spain or even Italy, i think Cavenaghi would flourish, i have no idea why he went to russia. Look at Saviola, he still scores plenty of goals because he such a great finisher.

·
Banned
4,388 Posts
Ghostface said:
Look at Saviola, he still scores plenty of goals because he such a great finisher.
When, were , how....?

I think Saviola weakest point is his finishing(Still he will always average about 15 per season) but people dont seem to get it, he's much better at setting up goals than finishing things off himself.IMO saviola is an ideal second striker...

·
Registered
558 Posts
MutOofd said:
When, were , how....?

I think Saviola weakest point is his finishing
nah, i don't think so anyways. He was a scoring machine at River which is why Barca bought him, but they never really gave him a chance at Barca. He has 4 goals so far (6 games) in CL so that's not bad, and he averaged like 13-15 goals in spain as mostly a sub. And I almost forgot when he destroyed the the U-21 tourny.
Check out the top three scorers.
Top 3 goalscorers:
Javier Saviola (ARG), 11 goals
Adriano (BRA), 6 goals
Djibril Cissé (FRA), 6 goals
not bad eh?
ps.I think he should rejoin Aimar at Valencia, that would be something.

·
Banned
4,388 Posts
Ghostface said:
nah, i don't think so anyways. He was a scoring machine at River which is why Barca bought him, but they never really gave him a chance at Barca. He has 4 goals so far (6 games) in CL so that's not bad, and he averaged like 13-15 goals in spain as mostly a sub. And I almost forgot when he destroyed the the U-21 tourny.
Check out the top three scorers.
Top 3 goalscorers:
Javier Saviola (ARG), 11 goals
Adriano (BRA), 6 goals
Djibril Cissé (FRA), 6 goals
not bad eh?
ps.I think he should rejoin Aimar at Valencia, that would be something.
Yeah, i know...Still i fell like he lacks something to be a real goalgetter.Let's hope he goes on a scoring frenzy and proves me wrong, but i dont see him getting 20+ goals in a really big league.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts