Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
25,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
apparently maxi lopez will be transfered to Benfica already this season, and for a period of 5.5 years.

I only know that he is a tall 21 year old striker from River Plate....

I would like to hear your opinion on him:)

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
If the rumors are true and he is in fact joinining Benfica this month, then all I have to say that the Chupaliga will be won by the O Glorioso, leaving Sporting in the dust.

Hey, Benfica won't have to buy off the refs anymore. Major plus.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
From what I heard so far that Barcalona&Juventus wants Maxi, have not heard anything about Benefica bedding for him!

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Some of his Career-stats:

2004 River 26-9
2003 River 7-2
2002 River 4-1
01/02 River 17-1
This stats speaks loud of how much has to do his praise with the "potentiall", than too real achievments, even when the truth is that he struggled to be first team, and many game there aren't full games.
But till now he didn't enter Primera a la Saviola, Tevez, or Cavenaghi to name few, even with lower starts of Cave and Tevez, then both shine, Maxi yet not, but his size, his skills for that size, his intelligence outside the pitch (he really talks great, is an intelligent kid) looks like if he wants could be a professional in sthg else. So I guess that in an interview with any dirigente, he sells way better than many Tevez of Argentina, he without any doubt looks like a pro.

But still everyone waiting to see him grab his conditions, to take the rough out of him, and become the diamond he looks could be, the future of him still an interrogant....

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Maxi is a very good player and very skillful to his size. I think its a good move, in Portugal he can improve alot and get ready for a bigger move in the future. Wish him the best luck in the world as Maxi in form can be a great pain in the arse for other teams defenders.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I don't like Maxi López. I mean, he is awful at finishing. I think River did very well getting rid of him. The only good thing he did was that goal against Boca in the superclasico last year.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
PMLF said:
I don't like Maxi López. I mean, he is awful at finishing. I think River did very well getting rid of him. The only good thing he did was that goal against Boca in the superclasico last year.
Farías in, Maxi López out = excellent business for River

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Is a bit too the extreme version of my thought, I support him anyway, BUT with the things I mentioned...not even near a finish article, at all...

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
PMLF said:
You'ver obviuously never seen him play and judge him according to things you've read in Brazilian papers -- the 'so called' experts. They are blind as bats.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
It now seems Maxi Lopez is on the verge of joining Barcelona, after they offered 5.5m versus the 4.8m by Benfica.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts