Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
futbolista said:
It's funny how he was a good, but not great player on River, and now everybody is applauding him.

No profanity in this pond. It's forbidden fruit.

Haroon.
Um ok.

It's funny how he was a good, but not great player on River, and now everybody thinks he is something that he is not.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
futbolista said:
Um ok.

It's funny how he was a good, but not great player on River, and now everybody thinks he is something that he is not.
I don't know what people think about him. I just think that he did his job, he fought against two good central defenders and he won them using his "weapons": strength and killer insitinct in the box.

He doesn't create the chance, he's not Ronaldo nor Henry nor Eto'o, but if you give him the ball where he's dangerous, he kills you and that's what he did.

He did what he was supposed to do, he gave fresh air to our attack and bothered Chelsea's defenders giving space to our resolutive players. Anyone who saw the match know that he was great today and he triumphed in the Camp Nou in a big match... just doing his job. We don't want him to win the Golden Ball, but to do what he did tonight. We are happy with this.

Bravo Maxi

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
Etoo and Maxi. That COULD very well be the most feared strike duo in Europe if Maxi plays like he did against Chel$ki. The speed of Etoo and the strength of Maxi! Watch out...

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Just seen the goals myself and I have to say Lopez looked good. That was a great shot for his goal and a brilliant pass to Eto'o. Completely fooled everyone since I thought he was going to let go with a rifle shot but instead chose to pass it to Eto'o.

Eto'o has to be the in form striker in Europe right now though.

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Lopez scored a nice goal......now lets see how he does the rest of the season.

People hype up players far to quickly. I remember all the hype surrounding Castroman when he joined Lazio. He turned out to be quite the flop.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Damnit, EVERYBODY seems to prove me wrong. When Eto'o came I said "man he won't be pichichi", when Maxi came I said "man I don't think he will do that good". :D

It's only his first game, but can you blame people for hyping him after such an awesome debut? And against a defence that has only conceded 8 goals in EPL?

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
khimik said:
Just seen the goals myself and I have to say Lopez looked good. That was a great shot for his goal and a brilliant pass to Eto'o. Completely fooled everyone since I thought he was going to let go with a rifle shot but instead chose to pass it to Eto'o.

Eto'o has to be the in form striker in Europe right now though.
Do you really think that he passed the ball in the 2nd goal? I think that he shot awfully. I don't care anyway... it counts the same. :D

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Bright future for Barca, good attacking duo with Eto'o and Maxi with Ronaldinho helping them.
It was amazing, his first touch and he scored, it will be a night he wil never forget.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Koeman4 said:
I don't know what people think about him. I just think that he did his job, he fought against two good central defenders and he won them using his "weapons": strength and killer insitinct in the box.

He doesn't create the chance, he's not Ronaldo nor Henry nor Eto'o, but if you give him the ball where he's dangerous, he kills you and that's what he did.
He just runs around like a lunatic and gives 120% always.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
I thought Shakira was the ugly BIG sister :confused:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts