Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Neither did he score, nor did he get any assists....but Mauro Zarate vs Roma and vs Genoa today was amazing....his ability to take on defenders is simple unbelievable...
When I followed him in Argentina, the only weakness he had, i thought, was decision making and passing....of the two, i have seen him improve his passing....

The comparison with Messi is still unjustified....but probably a one with Aguero?...how many of you think he will turn out to be a better player than Aguero and the likes? (take into account that Messi is out of comparison at present state)

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Great player, with the potential to one of the best attackers in the world within the next 5 years.

You are correct regarding his decision making, at time he dribbles when he should pass, shoots when he should hold up the ball etc, etc but it is understandable considering he is young and still adapting to the European game.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
You forget his free kicks and set pieces. B'ham wouldnt had been relegated had he played whenever fit last season

·
A true hero
31,428 Posts
Dunno, he was kind of a moron when he played for us sometimes. Had a habit of wandering off into a corner sometimes. Still the best player we had, but everyone else was shit.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
It's all in his hands, to be a great player with a great career, or to be a very talented player with a so so carreer...he is much better than you think he is Rob, a lot much better regarding the tools he has at disposal, but like many young argies that appeared all the time, or Quaresma (when younger, dunno know), CR, or even Lavezzi in his first years in Argentina...he MUST release the ball a lot more.

·
18,041 Posts
Great player, with the potential to one of the best attackers in the world within the next 5 years.

You are correct regarding his decision making, at time he dribbles when he should pass, shoots when he should hold up the ball etc, etc but it is understandable considering he is young and still adapting to the European game

Nah, has nothing to do with the European game, because in fact it doesn't exist such a thing in a global sense.

He is running circles with every defense he faced, he is scoring in many ways, he assists, he even has more stamina than many rivals he face and more pace..BUT like down here (that he even had problems with his coaches and even mates during games, that in some cases ended in fights during those games)...he must think: that he ain't the only one capable of making a difference. I don't even think is just about personal glory, is more about "I can dribble this 3 guys and put the ball in angle", he thinks that in a fraction of a second and goes for it; while he should use a lot more some little pause, while using better his teamates.

Nowadays anyway he doesn't even come close to the **** personification he made in the last YWC, where he clearly wnated to be the MAN of that tournament, while he ended seeing how Moralez, Banega, Aguero and even Di Maria played a lot better than him...stilll the ****er made the play and goal that gave us the title.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
In the last few minutes against Roma he was a fvkin idiot trying to dribble past a brick wall essentially. but he is quality from what ive seen. like to see a whole season of him before i judge how gud he really is

·
18,041 Posts
In the last few minutes against Roma he was a fvkin idiot trying to dribble past a brick wall essentially. but he is quality from what ive seen. like to see a whole season of him before i judge how gud he really is
In those last minutes too, he made shit on their pants not few Roma fans and create two great assits, with more incredible misses...nowadays he makes two right, one wrong and knowing him, he might end doing two right, two wrong, three wrong two right and later falling in his usuall below par level period...while rising again months later...he ain't languid, he ain't cold, but he has to calm down.

The worse part is that in Lazio now, the rest of the team is not playing really good and this reiinforce his looney idea that he has to do it alone...while also is noticeable that he liked the taste of playing for capo cannonieri and everytime he misses a shot, even if it's a great shot, he gets more looney.

what I'm trying to say here, is that he doesn't have great, or common skills, he has extraordinary ones...BUT is his head, what would make him a great player, or a player that never fullfill his potential.

CR, Messi, a lot of these young players too try to pass through balls, but in the case of Zarate, he is even more inmature, or at least as inmature as CR when he was young and he ain't 17 anymore, he was critized as hell by teammates, coaches, etc...he accepted a very dubious transfer and he still doesn't make the right steps like Lavezzi is slowly doing match after match...in that regard, is obvious to keep him on distance.

But trust me, the way he strikes the ball, the control with both feet, are far from common. Even his sellfish character has a good side, he ain't afraid of anything...but not being afraid of anything, also is DUMB.

His football still passes too much from his feet...but those feet are rare...someone must make him understand in his transfers and in his game, that he has to mature NOW...the train sometimes passes once.

·
A true hero
31,428 Posts
It's all in his hands, to be a great player with a great career, or to be a very talented player with a so so carreer...he is much better than you think he is Rob, a lot much better regarding the tools he has at disposal, but like many young argies that appeared all the time, or Quaresma (when younger, dunno know), CR, or even Lavezzi in his first years in Argentina...he MUST release the ball a lot more.
Nah, I think he's very, very good. He just needs to learn when beating people aint a good idea.

I just think his spell with us is getting overrated. He was good, but because he's done so well this season, people are making out that he was better than Dugarry or Pennant for us, which he wasn't.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Rob, we aint overrating Zarate's stay with you. Just saying that if he played more he would have saved B'ham from relegation. A thing I have said in your forum well before Zarate joining Lazio

·
Registered
27,401 Posts
well i guess that's that then, Tose does not want him. The kid better start looking for another club.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
The worse part is that in Lazio now, the rest of the team is not playing really good and this reiinforce his looney idea that he has to do it alone...while also is noticeable that he liked the taste of playing for capo cannonieri and everytime he misses a shot, even if it's a great shot, he gets more looney.

what I'm trying to say here, is that he doesn't have great, or common skills, he has extraordinary ones...BUT is his head, what would make him a great player, or a player that never fullfill his potential.
You nailed it, I think. I can't agree more.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Zarate,Lavezzi,Milito geez Argentina have some real talent.:thumbsup::lick:

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Milito aint exactly tallant is he; he is a proven player for some time-unless you are talking about someone else

·
18,041 Posts
Actually thinking Diego Milito is just a pocaher (like many apparently think he is), is quite wrong; he is very talented, not a midget "I dribble whole teams talent", but anyway a very skill player.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts