Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No doubt the hottest italian player at this moment....he just threaten Aquilani, Perotta spot. almost eaten them imo. discuss...

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
He is very competent technically, an excellent tackler, tactically very intelligent whom coaches must really like working with, he is well disciplined by receiving few yellow and red cards and is also very calm. In fact, he is the quintessential Italian footballer!

The only thing he lacks is consistency over a long period, so let us hope he can achieve this because the Roma and Azzurri would be significantly improved if he can continue playing like he has been recently.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I think he is NT quality at the moment. he certainly deserves his spot above Perrotta, and other fringe players. If at the end of the season he continues to be a Roma startr because of his performances, he should be an NT squad regular.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Showing some of the qualities that made us Juventini high on him back in the day. Hope for him that he finds some consistency.
Yeah, I remember the season you had him loaned out, was it to Chievo? He played great and I really thought he would become one of the best Italian midfielders. Somehow he stayed in a time capsule and is now again showing something like that.

·
Administrator
52,972 Posts
It was with Bologna.

And, however underwhelming Montolivo has been, couple of games of form doesnt secondly make Brighi superior to him.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Montolivo has been average his whole career so far. This guy has been hyoped be me and others, but he doesnt exactly run things in the midfield. Time he started becoming the Antognoni we thought of him... He is still just 23 so time is on his side, but indeed if I had to choose someone right now it would be Brighi also because he can defend.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
He is a very neat allround midfielder who wins the ball and distributes well. Is the kind of player who doesn't get much notice but really helps make a team tick and is the kind of player coach's love.

The comparisions to Montolivio are wrong as they both play different roles. Montolivio could never do the job defensively Brighi can, but Brighi will never be able to influence games the way Montolivio can.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts