Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
What does Guidolin mean by "Brighi doesn't use his feets enough"?? :confused:
I agree Matteo's good with both feets tough !

The Bologna coach also thinks that there aren't unreachable Azzurri in his position !!... Brighi is a defensive midfielder, right? If so, in a short term, there are several Azzurri who come before him I'm afraid (Albertini, Tacchinardi, Gattuso) but maybe in the future...

He's young ! He's still a good margin of progression in front him...

:)

Trap's successor will probably introduce him in the team after the WC !

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Steph: Brighi is not a defensive midfielder per se. He is more of an allround attacking midfielder.. or if you will... like a more technical (and faster), less combative Antonio Conte.

Brighi is playing as one of two offensive minded midfielders (the other being Zauli) behind Cruz at Bologna.
As next years Juve looks set to have a problem on right midfield, as Zambrotta may actually leave and Conte isn't going to be a starter forever... Brighi could take over the spot if he continues this rich vein of form at Bologna.
At least it would be a nice thing to see a prospect loaned out, have success, and then be taken back to carry on the success with Juve.

Ciao.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Glen said:
Brighi is playing as one of two offensive minded midfielders (the other being Zauli) behind Cruz at Bologna.
Thats wrong I'm afraid. Fabio Pecchia is playing next to Zauli. Brighi is playing in a kinda defencive role at central midfield next to Renato Olive who is the main defencive midfielder of Bologna.

Pagliuca

Castellini - Falcone - Tarantino

Brioschi - Brighi - Olive - Nervo

Pecchia - Zauli

Cruz

This is the current line up of Guidolin (perhaps with Gamberini instead of Tarantino and Zaccardo instead of Brioschi), obviusly with many players missing (Macellari, Signori, Locatelli, Cipriani, Wome, etc etc) but Brighi doesnt change position anyway even when Bologna is in full strength.

The comparison with Conte is spot on though.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
I can't say if it's good for this weak AMO, but Brighi played exactly where I said according to Gazzetta's pre-game line-ups for the past three weeks. www.svenskafans.com/italien suggest rather alterior formations- hinting more towards your version, but still different. I won't deny that you could be right though. Only that it's not the informations I've gotten.
AS for Brighi's potential as an offensive midfielder- he's been used both as a playmaker behind two forwards, and a central midfielder with the Azzurrini too.

There's no doubt that Brighi would be going into a deeper role when Bologna are at full strenght though, as Locatelli more or less owns that playmaker spot, Zauli has done too well to be benched, and there's a certain Beppe who needs to be accomodated too. Actually- Bologna has done exceedingly well without a number of their stars, and they have a very strong team.

Ciao.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Glen, I can assure you that Brighi plays where I told you. All Italian papers have him there (including Gazzetta, at least the paper one) next to Olive with Pecchia and Zauli behind the striker. I'm tottaly sure about that, and also once I've seen Bologna play live, it was like that. :) On few occasions Brighi has also played as a right wing back.

Brighi is not an offencive midfielder. He is all around and has the ability to fullfill the role, but in my opinion he is like Conte as you said. Both offencive and attacking (though obviusly much more skilled and less "battling".

I agree with you on Bologna. Guidolin has done an amazing job. He basically is missing his three best players in my opinion (Fresi, Signori, Locatelli) plus other VERY important elements of his team like Macellari, Wome and Cipriani.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Glen said:
Steph: Brighi is not a defensive midfielder per se. He is more of an allround attacking midfielder.. or if you will... like a more technical (and faster), less combative Antonio Conte.
Oh ok :confused:
I knew he is a midfielder but not his exact position and roile on the field. The only time I got to see him play this season he was playing in some kinda defensive role a la Tacchinardi. I saw him launching attacks sometimes with deep passes but really according to what I saw he was more a defensive midfielder than an offensive one ! :) Looks like Amo got the same impression !
But then again I might be wrong ! Maybe Brighi is an offensive midfielder whom Guidolin uses in another role or maybe the match I saw was the exception ! :)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Glen, I see you get the royal treatment for your fellow Juventini here, they seem to consider you someone who never falters or something! :D

Steph, Glen was wrong. You are allowed to disagree with him, especially since you saw Brighi and have your own opinion. ;)

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
HA :).

Either way Steph and I have disagreed on several issues- the most glaring one of course whether Tacchinardi is an MVP for us or not :).
But I disagree with so many on that one ;).

In the sense that you were propably right on Bologna's starting line-up- I was wrong. I maintain that Brighi is not a defensive midfielder though. It's not ONLY stubbornness on my part :) - Brighi is too allround to be labelled a "defensive midfielder".

Ciao.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
:dielaugh::dielaugh:

I always rate Glen's opinion very high and I take Glen's word !
On the other hand we got Amo who is a very knowledgable person when it comes to Parma nd the lil' teams in Serie A and has the chance to live in Italy... ( lucky bastard :fero: )

Who should I believe then ?? :eek:
Well...I'll trust my eyes for this matter...

:D ;)

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
I dunno in which position Brighi is playing in Bologna, but he definitely cannot be a destroyer type of player, which is actually the most important ability for them. Besides, I guess that Brighi's physique is not that strong for a DM. But he has neither the playmaker's grace. I think that some position in what Conte plays (even a bit forward) would suit him just fine.

Bye Bye.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Noone said Brighi is a destroyer. I said he plays in a defencive role next to Olive who is the main defencive midfielder of Bologna. Brighi is playing exactly like Conte. Like Appiah, like Ambrosini. :)

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Noone said Brighi is a destroyer..................... :)
And where have I claimed that someone says it? :)
I've just said that regardless in what position he is playing now in Bologna, I think that he could produce his best on a bit forward line and not as a DMC.

Bye Bye.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts