Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Adelaide City has gone from a force to a laughing stock in the past couple of seasons under his control - we have some of our best young stars (Brain, Sabljak) walking out on the club as well as every single import we've signed bar a couple (Indio, Leandowski, Campbell, Ferguson, etc) - to top it all off we almost lost Aurelio Vidmar to Olympic in the pre-season before the management caved in and extended his contract.

Add all this to the losses of City gods Mori and Tobin and I have had enough.

Zoran - you are the weakest link ...

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
A great servant to the game in Australia. I think he still has some to give though. Adelaide are traditional slow starters but as the season gets on they really power into the finals. eg. 2 years ago when they were bottom after about 8 rounds but powered to finish 4th.

Adelaide produces some very good talent and they have some great talents at the club. Kenny, it is a very young side, don' you think you should give them a season or two to gel together?

·
©
7,230 Posts
dyertribe, can you tell me where Sabljak has gone and also what happened to that import from Yugo? I remember seeing him a few times but he has dissapeared.

hhmm......are you the same dyertribe that is on the worldgame forum?

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
King ...

Matic should step aside.

Sure - we have 3 titles under him but his reign stretches back to the early 80s with a couple of years out at Collingwood and Marconi. 3 playoff-titles in 20 years of management in a league where only 5 teams are truly capable of challenging and clubs come and go with the wind is hardly an achievement. Infact - for all the star players we have produced we've never won a minor-premiership and his man-management is atrocious!

Like I said - every import he has bought in except Pelosi has walked out on the club almost as soon as they arrive - (Indio, Ferguson, Leandowski, Campbell, etc).

Which begs the question - why does he want to play old has-beens over Joeys? Pantelis, Brain, Fyfe, Kemp and Tunbridge are all youth-internationals!! Sabljak was also considered one of the hottest young midfielders in the NSL a couple of seasons ago - but now Brain and Sabljak have both walked out after fall-outs with Matic.

Other man-management Matic debacles:

Angie Costanzo is the best sweeper in the NSL - fell out with management and left to Marconi.

Tobin is the club's greatest ever player - wasn't offered a contract in the twilight of his career and left for Parra. The backline hasnt been the same since.

Salapasidis - Fell out with Matic after failing to be given a first-team place even after he scored all 4 against Argentina at YWC97. Got loaned to Wollongong and he knocked us out of the playoffs that year with a double in the Gong.

And the final straw - Matic was quoted in the Adelaide press twice in the space of a week - after Campbell went back to the Kingz. He said:

"he was always injured or just didnt try when he was here. If I knew he was injured I never would've signed him."

- I couldn't believe that!!! Hasn't Matic ever heard of a trial or a medical??????? He DID sign him after all!

Then a few days later he threatened to walk out on the club if the players wouldn't listen to his messsage or didnt agree with his methods. Unbelievable! Delivers an ultimatum when we've only got like 13 points in 15 games!!!

Matic out.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dinamo ...

Yeah - I can't remember his name, but he came out around the same time as Leandowski - and went home even quicker. He played less than 5 games.

I think Sabljak is still playing in the SA Premier League - I think Brain is doing a deal to go to the Strikers.

And yes I am the same dyertribe from twg.com.au forum.

Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts