Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man City have bought Anelka, but are also going to buy Vuoso. Anyone know anything about him?

http://www.football365.com/All_News/European_News/story_31050.shtml

In addition to the Anelka deal, City are also hoping to conclude a £4million deal for 22-year-old Argentinian Matias Vuoso from Independiente as they step up their preparations for a return to the Premiership.

Striker Vuoso will travel to England on Saturday to sign a four-year contract.

The player is expected to have a medical on Monday, while City officials will check the Italian passport the player has possessed since 1999.

Relegation-threatened Independiente are keen to see the deal complete. They have financial problems and need the cash in a bid to make signings which they hope will keep them in the top flight of Argentinian football.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
english clubs spend too much money? you're kidding surely - if anyone spends too much money its the debt ridden clubs of seria a and la liga, like lazio and real madrid.

But you're right, 4mil for this sort of player is a lot of money, especially when you can buy Ortega for £3.5mil.

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
leg100 said:

But you're right, 4mil for this sort of player is a lot of money, especially when you can buy Ortega for £3.5mil.
Thats exactly what i mean.

·
Star Player
2,961 Posts
I don't get it.....Ortega for 3.5m ONLY????? That's $5/6m, right?:wth: Zidane is $65m!!! Does that mean Zidane has 13 times the skills of Ortega?:rolleyes: I think Ortega is better is terms of outrageous skills......:eek: So why the hell is he so under-priced? Or it put it the other way round, WHY THE HELL IS ZIDANE SO OVER-PRICED?:groan:
Pricing of players is so arbitrary:eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I think that they purchased only part of Ortega's contract. I think that Parma own half of it therefore his total vlaue is actually higher.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Even doubling that fee of £3.5mil comes to what, £7 mil max. Still small beans in the big scheme of things.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
czar is right, parma owned half of ortega and river the other half.
fener paid 5 mill to river and just 2,5 to parma, because parma didnt want to have ortega in his squad and to pay him his salary of 2 million per year, so they took whatever fener offered.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts