Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
49,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So he's supposed to be the next great DM of South America.

Joining Atletico Madrid at the start of new year for €8M.

He seems to be an old school defensive mid who actually acts as a destroyer and not as some deep playmaker. he can play as a CB too...seems to be Mascherano type of player.

OVhDwRLWbwo

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,494 Posts
He's the next Fernando Redondo…or so they claim!

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,494 Posts
Is he even similar to him?
He has cited some greats of the game when it comes to role models and players he’s watched and learnt from.

“I always admired Fernando Redondo. I also learned from Mascherano and Braña. Today I also look at Bastian Schweinsteiger of Bayern Munich. I try to look at them a lot and learn from them, noticing their touch, how to track back, and also how before receiving the ball they know where they will pass it next, because they have a picture of the whole field.”
http://worldfootballindex.com/matias-kranevitter-argentinas-next-number-five/

He's got a little bit of both. The tenacity of Mascherano and the magic touch of Redondo (to a lesser extent of course).

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,494 Posts
he seems to be a pure defensive midfielder without the offensive dimension of Redondo

he still hasn't even scored a goal in his career
The Argie league is a lot more competitive than la liga…
I'm sure he'll avg. 3-5 goals per season, easily!

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Kranevitter is a petition by Simeone who likes him a lot but he'll have to learn to take better decisions when he joins Atlético. He's a solid passer of the ball as he can spray it from his central position even if that isn't his best attribute when under pressure. However, he does get away with at least one or two really badly placed passes in Argentina which wouldn't be the case in Spain.

Atlético's coaching staff will also have to correct his positioning in certain areas when defending zonally so he's able to cover spaces better. It'll be an important signing for January considering Gabi and Tiago are playing every single game so far and Koke is going to be moved to CM as time passes.

Good player but still has a long way to go. Mascherano is much, much better in terms of positional sense and making the first pass out of defence. Kranevitter does have plenty of Mascherano's tenacity, aggressiveness and intensity though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts