Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
African WC haha
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy has been an absolute monster this season.
Should he continue this form where would you rank him in comparison to other DMs?

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Who would have thought, last season he was on the way out of the club, now his an indespensible member of the team.

Terrier on the field, plus very good tactically, retain's possession really well and lets the creative boys do there thing. Really complements Fabregas well, Fabregas is in a much more advanced role due to his faith in Flamini.

ATM, he has got to be one of the best in the defensive midfield position this season. I don't see why he wouldn't be rated with best if he keeps doing his thing for another 5 years.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Best defensive midfielder in our league this year, great defensively but also gets forward well giving more options to the likes of Fabregas and Hleb, also a very good passer in his own right but I'll wait and see if he can replicate the same form next season before I start putting him alongside the likes of Essien or De Rossi.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Of course he was going to turn out to be a good 'un. He was a Marseille boy. Terribly under rated in his previous seasons where he was used as a utility player.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
De Rossi and Cambiasso would be slightly higher in any rank for this season, but he's definitely been one of the top three DMs this year IMO.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
How old is he anyway? Fabregas and Flamini potentially the worlds best central midfield pair for a long time, untill Cesc move to Real Madrid or Barcelona I mean

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
How old is he anyway? Fabregas and Flamini potentially the worlds best central midfield pair for a long time, untill Cesc move to Real Madrid or Barcelona I mean
Cesc won't leave. He's signed a contract until 2013 and Flamini is 23.

·
Registered
44,371 Posts
Mathieu has a very nice attitude towards the game, knows how to play it and scores every now and then.

He's a player that has progressed very nicely the last couple of years :thumbsup:

He can be annoying and you can hate all you want on him, but he's a great player IMO.

·
Registered
14,806 Posts
Sometimes you've just got to hold your hands up.

I admired his attitude and thought he was great for filling in positions when we were short giving 100% but I never thought he was good enough to start for us regularly.

He's proven doubters wrong (mainly Arsenal fans), he's been absolutely outstanding for us. A real defining season for him and he's now a star of the team. Hats off and well done for working so hard for his chance.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
you don't have to hold your hands up, last two seasons he was quite an average player, even Wenger thought so otherwise he would have been a regular as Gilberto was hardly setting the world on fire, he has just improved immensely and even since the start of the season he has improved even more.

now sign your contract son.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Diarra is better; :pp

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
He knows his limitations, doesn't try to do anything of which he knows he can't. So no fancy tricks, just eliminate the opponent and give the ball to someone who can do something creative with it. He's having a decent season but let's see how he fares if Arsenal's form starts decreasing. I don't think he's the type of player (yet) that others can hang on to when things start going bad.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
He's having a decent season but let's see how he fares if Arsenal's form starts decreasing. I don't think he's the type of player (yet) that others can hang on to when things start going bad.
Think you are underestimating him there. He really has been pivotal to the team. "Decent" doesn't cover it.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Excellent player, pisses all over the £17m floppy haired piece of shit we've got.

Strange that he still hasn't signed a new contract yet, runs out in a few months. Surely has offers from other clubs on the table making him think twice...

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Strange that he still hasn't signed a new contract yet, runs out in a few months. Surely has offers from other clubs on the table making him think twice...
the thing is, his value is going up almost on a weekly basis.

he'd be mad to go abroad though, his style is tailor made for EPL, and what we missed all these years playing a meek ball stealer like Gilberto, EPL you need to be pro-active.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts