Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Materazzi extends Inter deal Thursday 20 January, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marco Materazzi has pledged his future to Inter just days after he was about to sign for another club.

"Ten days ago, I asked to be transferred to Bologna so I could work with Coach Carlo Mazzone again," he explained.

"However, Inter told me I was not for sale. They made me realise that I’m needed here and it’s a club I want to stay with for as long as possible.

"The extension means I’ll still be an Inter player in 2008, the year of the club’s centenary. "

The defender’s contract was due to expire in 2007, but the new deal keeps him at the club for an extra two years.

Mazzone and the international stopper were together at Perugia in 1999-2000, before the latter’s 2001 switch to the San Siro.

Meanwhile, striker Vincenzo Iaquinta – who has been linked with Inter – is reportedly on the verge of an Udinese exit.

Rumours circulating in the Spanish media suggest that his proposed switch to Barcelona is already a done deal.

channel4

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Matrix should only stay as backup. We still need to get a solid CB during the current transfer window.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Do Inter want to go forwards or backwards?Re-signing an overrated tool like Materazzi will get Inter nowhere.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
This makes no sense. Why renew a 30 year old average defender's contract when he still had 2,5 years left?? Doesn't make sense.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts