Xtratime Community banner

381 - 395 of 395 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Kovacic was subbed out in the CL game against apoel, it seems like a muscular injury.

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
Also one side oozes with professionlism and accountability and the other one is ragtag of corruption and personal exploitation.
or even if he cares to ignore the politics of the NT, we have a NT staff that blows at tactics and strategy when it comes deploying the right resources for the right situations.

Reactions: petro

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Also one side oozes with professionlism and accountability and the other one is ragtag of corruption and personal exploitation.
or even if he cares to ignore the politics of the NT, we have a NT staff that blows at tactics and strategy when it comes deploying the right resources for the right situations.
And that pretty sums up the culture of HNS.

No matter the astonishing production of talent year after year and the skill level of the current national team pool... all facets of the Savez have to be on par and running in unison... and if not... dysfuntion will prevail and the team will struggle with inconsistency, commitment, coaching turnover... they will show flashes of brilliance & dominance followed with WTF moments and massive let downs.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
And that pretty sums up the culture of HNS.

No matter the astonishing production of talent year after year and the skill level of the current national team pool... all facets of the Savez have to be on par and running in unison... and if not... dysfuntion will prevail and the team will struggle with inconsistency, commitment, coaching turnover... they will show flashes of brilliance & dominance followed with WTF moments and massive let downs.
not sure I'd agree with these comments!

Strinic lost the ball in the last 3rd of the attacking zone. he had two opponents closing in on him and yet he tried to settle the ball and then lost it....Portugal then scored! WTF does the savez have to do with that? maybe if he wasn't careless we would have gone further?

I liked the idea of having Kovac...and he really wasn't stroking Mamic's nuts...look what he did?

stop equating the teams poor results to Mamic and Suker, we can blame them for corruption...money laundering and giving favors to their friends but you guys are a bit over the top!

what should Holland say about their shitty results over the years? they've had far better players on a regular basis that we have and yet, they've won jack shit!

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
I did not link a players mistake with the dysfunctional culture.

But since yoh did it reminds me of the fact that "winning cultures" are more disciplined and less prone to making gaffes... AND more dysfunctional cultures are more prone and susceptible to making bonehead mistakes like that.

Leadership, discipline, killer instinct, unconditional role acceptance we lack.

Re: Holland I could be wrong but I think I've heard there's been a lot of dysfunction with their savez and the players. So not sure about the point of that analogy.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I did not link a players mistake with the dysfunctional culture.

But since yoh did it reminds me of the fact that "winning cultures" are more disciplined and less prone to making gaffes... AND more dysfunctional cultures are more prone and susceptible to making bonehead mistakes like that.

Leadership, discipline, killer instinct, unconditional role acceptance we lack.

Re: Holland I could be wrong but I think I've heard there's been a lot of dysfunction with their savez and the players. So not sure about the point of that analogy.
throughout soccer history...or at least the last 50 years, Holland have been named "the best team to never win a tournament".

you are right...the qualities you've listed are key: Leadership, discipline, killer instinct, unconditional role acceptance we lack.

remember Greece!?

remember when we lost to Mexico? leadership...Rafa Marquez vs who from our team? but this is not a savez issue, this is a personal issue with the players. once they step on the field its "one for all, all for one"!

Holland has an amazing history of incredible players...some of the best ever in this sport and at one time, they had 3 of the best in Van Basten, Gullit, Rijkaard that couldn't do it for their club.

I've talked about the Italians on several occasions. They are not as technically strong as we are...but they have character that sacrifice and lead! I hate to admit that but its true!

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
I agree with all that you say there Maradona.

I remember that Mexico game... the one in 2002 and 3 years ago.

"Character that sacrifice and lead"... that's the winning culture I'm referring to that we miss.

Absolutely the players decide what happens... that's why I've said millions of times we give too much credit to coaches when they win and too much blame when they lose.

But if the whole enterprise is running in unison and following some sort of value system... you are setting up an environment for the players to have a better chance to succeed.

You go into the German camp or Italian camp... there is no question what the mission and expectation is.

Because their Savez has invested time into developing their constructs, infrastructures, resources, traditions, values, expectancy factors. That's where our corrupt Savez fails. The infrastructure (and I don't mean just a stadium) in all facets are poor to limited. They just hope with our talent that we catch lightning in a bottle... and maybe that would be enough if lightning strikes. But relying on lightning is not the way to go.

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
These players are professionals and they should perform. That being said could you imagine someone like Modric coached by some greats Ancelotti, Mourinhi, Rafa. Than he comes to play for the national team and Cacic is there? It's hard for someone like him to take the guy seriously and it's hard for someone like Cacic to ever garner fear/respect.

But we're outside of coaching at this point it's about performance. Many said Nico was out of his element but somehow he has done quite well in the Bundesliga. Granted he gain more experience but he clearly showed he had some managerial qualities but the same group of guys constantly don't perform no matter the coach.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
If the same group of guys constantly don't perform no matter the coach... that says it all about the dysfunction and the lack of an established winning culture from the coaching level on up.

Look I love the team and want them to win but man its a fcked up savez with no direction and foresight. Its so much more than the will of the players and talent.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I agree with all that you say there Maradona.

I remember that Mexico game... the one in 2002 and 3 years ago.

"Character that sacrifice and lead"... that's the winning culture I'm referring to that we miss.

Absolutely the players decide what happens... that's why I've said millions of times we give too much credit to coaches when they win and too much blame when they lose.

But if the whole enterprise is running in unison and following some sort of value system... you are setting up an environment for the players to have a better chance to succeed.

You go into the German camp or Italian camp... there is no question what the mission and expectation is.

Because their Savez has invested time into developing their constructs, infrastructures, resources, traditions, values, expectancy factors. That's where our corrupt Savez fails. The infrastructure (and I don't mean just a stadium) in all facets are poor to limited. They just hope with our talent that we catch lightning in a bottle... and maybe that would be enough if lightning strikes. But relying on lightning is not the way to go.
leadership is a quality, a savez doesn't make you a leader. you either develop into one in your youth years or you don't!

I believe culture's help develop leaders and characters...example:

every kid in Canadian soccer wants to wear #10 and they want to be a goal scorer...most of their parents support that and believe their kid deserves it! what about the defenders? what about the guys that work hard and help defend goals and create goals? why is there a silly idea that my kid should play on a select team...even if I have to drive to every club within an 80 kilometer radius and try out for every team...so he can go to school wearing a jacket that says select team?

parents should own building their kids character as a leader, its not the job of a federation.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
leadership is a quality, a savez doesn't make you a leader.
parents should own building their kids character as a leader, its not the job of a federation.
I would counter with... it is the job of the Savez to invest into developing constructs, infrastructures, values and traditions and expectancy factors for the purpose of attaining success and to sustain success... and by doing that - that's how the Savez can further develop one's existing leadership qualities... by showing what leadership is.

Mamic and Suker do not lead by example.

It's so much more than... here's a team busting at the seams with talent - go out an win!

Look how USA basketball had to change their philosophy and invest time into the constructs, infrastructures, values and traditions and expectancy factors.

This isn't some moral high ground... this is basic business and strategic plan execution!

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I would counter with... it is the job of the Savez to invest into developing constructs, infrastructures, values and traditions and expectancy factors for the purpose of attaining success and to sustain success... and by doing that - that's how the Savez can further develop one's existing leadership qualities... by showing what leadership is.

Mamic and Suker do not lead by example.

It's so much more than... here's a team busting at the seams with talent - go out an win!

Look how USA basketball had to change their philosophy and invest time into the constructs, infrastructures, values and traditions and expectancy factors.

This isn't some moral high ground... this is basic business and strategic plan execution!
You're right that the federation should invest in its sports/people...but this all boils down to people and their education...whether from sports, school, home or culture.

some cultures produce better leaders than others, I think Croatia has always lacked in leaders but has produced tons of talent...ie inventors, artists, athletes...

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Mateo Kovacic vs Al Jazira Neutral (13/12/2017) HD 720p

h4IIqqKrXW8

381 - 395 of 395 Posts