Xtratime Community banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Is this our first signing from Inter after R9? We also signed Roberto Carlos when Hodgson was playing him out of position.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thats a good comparison in terms of developing further elsewhere after being sold too soon, but Pirlo was played a nr 10/fantasista/forward and never in midfield in Inter (let alone the CM/regista role Ancelotti came up for him). Plus he barely played for Inter, while Kovacic has played alot, and he has played in all the midfield roles basically. And what comes most natural to him (tho regista only recently in pre-season).
Kovacic played as a regista in his first 6 months at Inter under Andrea Stramaccioni. I believe he also played there at Dinamo Zagreb but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
Thread title can be updated.

OFFICIAL: Real Madrid have signed Mateo Kovačić from Inter Milan.

Mateo Kovačić will join for 6 seasons. He will be presented at the Bernabéu tomorrow at 13:00 CET.

COMUNICADO OFICIAL | 18/08/2015

El Real Madrid C. F. y el Inter de Milán han acordado el traspaso del jugador Mateo Kovačić, que queda vinculado al club durante las próximas seis temporadas.

El jugador será presentado mañana miércoles 19 de agosto, a las 13:00 h, en el palco de honor del estadio Santiago Bernabéu, tras someterse al correspondiente reconocimiento médico.

Posteriormente, Mateo Kovačić pisará por primera vez el césped del Santiago Bernabéu con la camiseta del Real Madrid y atenderá a los medios de comunicación en la sala de prensa.

·
Greta joke sharer
23,629 Posts
Other then a few nutjobs I'm sure the vast majority will be heartbroken, cause it is clear as daylight the type of talent and ability/potential this kid has - one which is unparalleled to anyone else we have on our roster.

We'll take it in stride though I guess, we're used to it by now.
I don't appreciate being called a nutjob, you utter mug! :groan:

35 million is a nice paycheck for a player that is just promising, he is far from a World Class player at this point in his career. His only really strong point is running with the ball (when allowed space). He can't shoot, he can't defend, his decision-making is shoddy and his passing is erratic at best. Of course, in time he might amend some of these issues.

But Inter will most likely just waste the money on useless hacks, so in retrospect it will probably be a bad deal for Inter.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
I don't appreciate being called a nutjob, you utter mug! :groan:

35 million is a nice paycheck for a player that is just promising, he is far from a World Class player at this point in his career. His only really strong point is running with the ball (when allowed space). He can't shoot, he can't defend, his decision-making is shoddy and his passing is erratic at best. Of course, in time he might amend some of these issues.

But Inter will most likely just waste the money on useless hacks, so in retrospect it will probably be a bad deal for Inter.
Not true. This last year he has really matured much. Much more rounded. His pass has become excellent, has good decisionmaking, his shot has improved and his dribble is worldclass.

He played in a team where in the end you had statistics where he took two shots on goal and missed and idiots hernanes and Guarin all had 12 shots while far the worse players. I have never seen a team of total egoistic players as Inter Milan. And he is a shy guy. He wasnt the kind of player who would jeopardize the little possesion they had and tried to keep the ball in play, while hacks on that team (most of the team) would make stupid decisions all the time.

I am sure you will be very surprised. I expect him to get his minutes very quickly. I for one think his decisionmaking is better than Iscos. But we will see..

He doesnt have to be afraid of anyone in Madrid. After the black hole of Inter i think he will be reborn seeing the ball get back to him and players beside him that can play.

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
Many players never lived up to it at Inter.
Its a weird club, they chop and change more often that RM

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
With a girlfriend like his, why would you go out?

·
Registered
17,518 Posts
And the rich get richer.

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
Talent in Croatia is off the charts, been there.

Genuine Stunners everywhere

41 - 60 of 88 Posts