Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
47,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I probably won't be watching more than 2/3 of the group stage matches if even that

some games which seem quite uninteresting:

Round 1

Morocco-Iran
Costa Rica-Serbia
Colombia-Japan

Round 2
Uruguay-Saudis
South Korea-Mexico
Japan-Senegal

Round 3
Saudis-Egypt (might be interesting if Egypt has a theoretical chance to knock Russia out)
Aussies-Peru
Switzerland-Costa Rica
Tunisia-Panama (prob the most random match on the entire schedule and almost certainly both teams will be out by then...BTW in WC2026 after the bump to 48 teams like half of the matches will be something like this)

·
Registered
17,364 Posts
Oh ok, sorry. Forgot about those. Will either watch one full time or a conference where they switch every 5-10 minutes or when a goal happens. Depends if both matches are still important for the outcome of the group or only one. And highlights of the other one in case only one is important.

·
Administrator
52,121 Posts
I took 2 weeks off for WC so will watch most games if I can (tho working next week, so will miss a few if bad timing).

Btw, what do you have against Colombia vs Japan? Should be fun no.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Panama vs Tunisia is the worst game of the group stage. And a lot of the round 3 games will be boring because the first and the second place will be already decided.

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Best games

Portugal vs Spain
Argentina vs Croatia
Poland vs Colombia
Mexico vs Sweden
England vs Belgium

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think all matches are interesting on a curiosity standpoint.

When it comes to quality this is probably going to be one of the worst world cups (too many bad teams) but it's ok.
True. We say that the games where good teams don't play are boring. Even the games like Japan vs Senegal can be interesting (and it's possible Portugal vs Spain to be the worst game).

·
Registered
29,184 Posts
Imo all of Uruguay's matches are somewhat worthwhile because of their peculiar approach of youth+collectivism (+cavanisuarez).

1 - 20 of 102 Posts