Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm organising a stag do to Budapest in mid April (22nd-25th) and hope that we could take in a match with one of the local sides at that time. Does anyone have any links to fixture lists of the major clubs (Honved/ferencvaros) and any advice about which is the best option.

Obviously i don't even have a clue if they play then.

any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stag Do = Bachelor Party etc

so if there's hardly anyone going to the games is it not worth us going? will we be the only people there?

Who do i contact to get this information?

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Piszkos Fred said:
what's a stag? Unfortunately, it is not customary for Hungarian clubs or the league to post the schedule of upcoming games. Results, standings, scorers are listed on almost all the clubs' sites', but not schedules. So few people attend matches anyway, it's not worth paying the web guy to post schedules ;)

Don't believe me?

http://www.nb1.hu/
http://www.ftc.hu/index.php?action=main.en&lang=en (in english)
:dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

G

·
0 Posts
Hehe, OK Dan, was just having fun with you--I simply could not find a spring schedule, I figured one of my fellow magyar posters would post the schedule. In reality, if you want good old football atmosphere, go see Ferencvaros play--they still get crowds in the 20k I believe. If no one finds a schedule for you, I'll try to do it later when I have time, but am busy in the next few, as I have a player of mine in the U-20 USA NT, they have qualifies tonight, and Friday so won't have time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cheers for all the help. I contacted ferencvaros direct and they said they'd know more in february and to contact them then.

What are hungarian games like? I've heard a few people say there's a bit of agro going on and it's not the most friendly of atmospheres. Considering i'l be there with a bunch of lads on the lash is it the safest of things to do?

G

·
0 Posts
Dan Garbs said:
cheers for all the help. I contacted ferencvaros direct and they said they'd know more in february and to contact them then.

What are hungarian games like? I've heard a few people say there's a bit of agro going on and it's not the most friendly of atmospheres. Considering i'l be there with a bunch of lads on the lash is it the safest of things to do?
What's 1) agro? 2) lash?

You'll have fun, I'm sure. Wear green to the game and tip the ladies you have at your stag party ;)

:embarass: :shades: :wth: :party:

G

·
0 Posts
You and your friends might want to bring your boots, and not drink too much before the game--seems Ferencvaros are selling off the whole team.

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
Piszkos Fred said:
What's 1) agro? 2) lash?
agro is what ya get at Fradi games ;)
"on the lash" a group of guys getting drunk :)

Wear green to the game and tip the ladies you have at your stag party
here is another tip, if a absolutely stunning women comes and sits next to you and the bartender or waiter says

"would you like to buy the lady a drink"

run as fast as you can out the exit ;) you just walked into a bar run by the mafia :howler:

Piszkos Fred said:
You and your friends might want to bring your boots, and not drink too much before the game--seems Ferencvaros are selling off the whole team.
:dielaugh:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.