SPL Aberdeen 2-2 Motherwell
SPL Aberdeen 3-0 Livingston
SPL Dunfermline 1-0 Aberdeen
SPL Celtic 3-0 Aberdeen
SPL Aberdeen 1-0 Falkirk
SPL Hearts 1-2 Aberdeen
SPL Aberdeen 2-0 Rangers
SCP Hearts 3-0 Aberdeen

Jimmy Calderwood's men managed to grab the last top 6 spot at the weekend and will be concentrating on their positive results. The defeat to Dunfermline apart the Dons have been doing well. In the last 10 games Celtic are the only team they have failed to beat which shows they cannot be taken lightly.

Amazingly having just scraped through before the split Aberdeen could now get up as far as 4th. If Hearts don't get second place then I believe that could earn the Dons a UEFA Cup place- I might be wrong on that one though.

RANGERS

Eck, manager
Last Ten
Code:
[u][b]FORM: W  D  L  F   A[/b][/u]
      [B][COLOR=Green]6[/COLOR]  3  [COLOR=Red]1[/COLOR]  18  7[/B]
SPL Rangers 1-0 Motherwell
SCP Dundee United 1-4 Rangers
SPL Rangers 1-0 Dunfermline
SPL Hearts 1-1 Rangers
SPL Rangers 4-0 Kilmarnock
UCL Villarreal 1-1 Rangers
SPL Falkirk 1-2 Rangers
UCL Rangers 2-2 Villarreal
SPL Rangers 2-0 Hibernian
SPL Rangers 0-1 Celtic

After a great display away from home in Dundee Rangers reverted back to type at Ibrox again- very poor. Still they are managing to get the needed points but it is far from convincing. Expect the same team although Lovely pants might be out injured and Burke might be out of his sick bed.

Code:
                         [img]http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/3024/waterp7tk.jpg[/img]
                         [COLOR=Blue][B]The Mullet[/B][/COLOR]

[img]http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/6265/huttonp6fn.jpg[/img]  [img]http://img435.imageshack.us/img435/6138/kyrgiakosp7ay.jpg[/img]  [img]http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/6285/jrodp8sm.jpg[/img]  [img]http://i2.tinypic.com/qpqscz.jpg[/img]
[COLOR=Blue][B]Hutton[/B][/COLOR]          [COLOR=Blue][B]Soti[/B][/COLOR]             [COLOR=Blue][B]J-Rod[/B][/COLOR]           [COLOR=Blue][B]Smith[/B][/COLOR]

[img]http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/881/fergusonp7pc.jpg[/img]  [img]http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/7348/hemdanip0xb.jpg[/img]  
                [COLOR=Blue][B]Bazza[/B][/COLOR]            [COLOR=Blue][B]Hemdani[/B][/COLOR]        

[img]http://img435.imageshack.us/img435/6286/burkep2hk.jpg[/img]           [img]http://img435.imageshack.us/img435/4580/buffelp3eq.jpg[/img]        [img]http://img320.imageshack.us/img320/6866/prsop3ib.jpg[/img]
[COLOR=Blue][B]Burkey     [/B][/COLOR]              [COLOR=Blue][B]Tam[/B][/COLOR]                    [COLOR=Blue][B]Dado[/B][/COLOR] 

[img]http://img345.imageshack.us/img345/8986/krisboyd0lh.jpg[/img]   
                          [COLOR=Blue][B]Boyd[/B][/COLOR]
Head to Head- This season

Amazingly Rangers up to this season have had a fantastic record against Abderdeen. This season though they have taken over the mantle from the arabs as the right royal pain in the arses. We have taken only 1 point from a possible 9. If we had taken the full compliment, as we are used to doing, we'd be 5 points clear of Hearts and Celtic would not be Champions. Another reminder of why we have trailed the opposition this season.

2005/06 SPL
Aberdeen 3-2 Rangers
Anderson 30, Lovell 37, Prso 39, Lovenkrands 49, Smith 88

2005/06 SPL
Rangers 0-0 Aberdeen

2005/06 SPL
Aberdeen 2-0 Rangers
Smith 34, Lovell 43

SPL Matchday 34 Fixtures

Saturday 15 April 2006
Falkirk v Dunfermline
Hearts v Kilmarnock
Livingston v Dundee Utd
Motherwell v Inverness

Sunday 16 April 2006
Celtic v Hibernian

Current SPL Table

Code:
[b]                      [u]P  W  D  L   F   A   GD  Pts [/u]
01.Celtic             32 26 04 02  84 30   54  82  
02.Hearts             33 19 08 06  64 27   37  65  
03.[color=blue]Rangers            33 18 08 07  59 34   25  62[/color] 
04.Hibs               33 16 04 12  56 45   11  52 
05.Kilmarnock         32 14 09 09  58 52   06  51  
06.Aberdeen           33 12 12 09  38 35   03  48  
10.Falkirk            33 06 07 20  33 59  -30  25 
11.Dunfermline        33 05 08 20  26 63  -37  23  
12.Livingston         33 03 06 26  20 72  -52  15   
[/b]
Current SPL Top Scorers

Code:
[u][b]Pos Name              Club       Goals [/b][/u]
1.  [b][color=blue]Kris Boyd         Rangers[/color][/b]    [b][color=olive]26[/color][/b]
2.  [b][color=darkred]Rudi Skacel       Hearts[/color][/b]     [b][color=olive]16[/color][/b]
=   [b][color=green]John Hartson      Celtic[/color][/b]     [b][color=olive]16[/color][/b]
4.  [b][color=lime]Derek Riordan     Hibs[/color][/b]       [b][color=olive]15[/color][/b]
5.  [b][color=blue]Peter Lovenkrands Rangers[/color][/b]    [b][color=olive]14[/color][/b]
=   [b][color=green]Maciej Zurawski   Celtic[/color][/b]     [b][color=olive]14[/color][/b]
7.  Craig Dargo       Inverness  [b][color=olive]13[/color][/b] 
8.  [color=black]Steven Naismith   Kilmarnock[/color] [b][color=olive]12[/color][/b]
=   [b][color=green]Shaun Maloney     Celtic[/color][/b]     [b][color=olive]12[/color][/b]
10. [b][color=lime]Garry O'Connor    Hibs[/color][/b]       [b][color=olive]11[/color][/b]

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Burke returns after recovering from a groin strain and Namouchi also comes back after overcoming a knee injury. Lovenkrands is out however after pulling a fanny muscle and poor wee Nando who has just recovered from a sore tummy is back in the treatment room with a swollen toe.

It should mean a straight swap of Burke for Lovenkrands with the rest of the team staying as is for them side that beat Motherwell.

No doubt like the last time Aberdeen will play a 8-1-1 and hope for the draw. Expect Eck to respond by ditching his tactics 5 minutes in and lumping the ball into the box from all areas of the pitch. Oh how we'll miss his tactical masterstrokes next season! ;)

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
I'm not pessimistic about it. We simply have to win and I think we'll do so with something to spare. Early goal could be the key cos as chivo points out, Aberdeen will come to shut up shop.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can't see anything else that a win for us. 2-0 i reckon, with Boyd getting at least one.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope we can get that early goal otherwise it is going to be a very frustrating afternoon. The longer it stays at 0-0 they worse for us. Worst case scenario is an early goal for them. I'm sure we all remember what happened when the arabs done that last season at Ibrox and we lacked creativity.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
F****** hell. Severin just made it 1-1 with a jammy deflection and Hearts are 1 up :scream:

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Game over. Wonder what line of excuses McLeish will come out with today. Probably along the lines of Aberdeen were lucky with a deflected shot and we really deserved to win.

Third place seems like the best we'll do now although Celtic had a similar lead over us at the top of the table at this time last season. Difficult to see Hearts losing 2 of their last 4 and us winning every game. And in a season when we couldn't even beat Aberdeen who can say we haven't got exactly what we deserve?

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Absolutely dire and it's been coming at home for a while.

Once again Eck was found out tactically. We scored against the run of play and Aberdeen deserved their equaliser. Eck was at a loss as to how to change it and only made a change when we were no longer in front. Ended up as we would expect with a long ball game and as we would not usually expect Soti as a striker. What a joke.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Well i must admit i never thought i'd of seen a season when you guys failed to beat Aberdeen, but hey it's happened.

I don't think you should give up on second, as Angle said you were about the same behind us as you are Hearts now last season and look what happened.

This Hearts team arent that good and I'm sure they'll drop more points allowing you to close the gap....

....if you can keep up the chase.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
shieldos_s9 said:
Well i must admit i never thought i'd of seen a season when you guys failed to beat Aberdeen, but hey it's happened.

I don't think you should give up on second, as Angle said you were about the same behind us as you are Hearts now last season and look what happened.

This Hearts team arent that good and I'm sure they'll drop more points allowing you to close the gap....

....if you can keep up the chase.
Na! its over!

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't think we'd give up yet but at the same time don't hold out much hope. We don't look like we'll take anything at Celtic Park but more importantly than that our home form as been diabolical lately so the chances of beating Hearts on the last day are extremely slim.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
chivoexpiatorio said:
I don't think we'd give up yet but at the same time don't hold out much hope. We don't look like we'll take anything at Celtic Park but more importantly than that our home form as been diabolical lately so the chances of beating Hearts on the last day are extremely slim.
I think that if you can take it to the last game of the season you will beat Hearts at Ibrox.

Hearts arent a shadow of what they were at the beginning of the season. Whereas Rangers are a lot better than what they were back in August. Your both about the same level i believe and it just depends on who wants it more.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'd agree with that a bit. There was nothing between the sides at Tynecastle in the last match. For some reason though the performances at Ibrox lately have been dire and the games we have won we have scraped through.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
shieldos_s9 said:
Hearts arent a shadow of what they were at the beginning of the season. Whereas Rangers are a lot better than what they were back in August. Your both about the same level i believe and it just depends on who wants it more.
I think it's already been proved that Hearts want it more. I think players like Hartley and Pressley have instilled a bunker mentality and for all of our big talking a lot of our players don't have the willpower and determination.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
The thing is, the talk is of how Hearts will be in the CL if they finish 2nd. This I doubt cause due to them doing nothing in Europe(cannot remember when they did do alright, possibly away back when they played Byern), they will be put against some very good sides, chances are it will be three Scottish teams in the UEFA and Celtic in the CL?

Your thoughts!

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Depends on who they sign in the summer. I don't really care though. They'll have a far better chance of getting in than we will!

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
It's a good point. In my view alot will depend on who they get in charge. Eck, MON and Strachan all fell at the first hurdle. They need a manager who knows the European game. In the UEFA cup they did quite well with Levein then Robertson last season so you never know.

It will depend on what players come in, who takes charge and ultimately the luck of the draw- if they get second place.

BTW next week Hearts will go to Easter Road and I firmly believe they will win. If they do we will go to Celtic Park the following day trailing them by 10 points. Celtic will be favourites for that match and if they do will it, which they probably will, we have lost the Champions League spot with 3 games still to go. Scarey stuff but very believable.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts